Any other moms to be with a Thyroid problem?

So yesterday my doctor called me and they had my results for all my blood tests. Everything was normal except my Thyroid. It's supposed to be around a 4 and mine was a 7. My mother and grandmother both had alot of problems with it also. I would have never even thought anything was wrong if I didn't go for the blood test. Now I have to take this medication everyday and I have to go for all these tests to make sure the baby is ok. So any advice? I'm kind of freaking out.

Megan1213

Asked by Megan1213 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have been that mom 3 times now and had mine removed due to cancer after my second pregnancy. Any questions?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• What are the chances of getting cancer from it? And can I pass it on to my child?
    Megan1213

Comment by Megan1213 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No, you can't pass cancer to your baby.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:45 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Thyroid cancer is showing up more frequently in young women and is found by our ob/gyn during pregnancy and our physicals. Ask for a thyroid ultrasound and make sure they keep a check on it. And as PP stated you can not pass it to baby.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No i didn't mean the cancer I mean can I pass the Thyroid problem? Can my baby get it from me?
    Megan1213

Comment by Megan1213 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Thyroid problems do run in families. My grandmothers, mom, myself and 2 of my sisters all have thyroid problems.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2011