Can anyone make sense of this neighbor for me

this happened yesterday, in past there have been some other questionable actions, but let us try to make sense of this...

she calls on phone, says "i was looking out my window and did you know that there are lots of kids in your yard playing on your swingset?" she went on to say "the nerve of those neighbors to just go into your yard to play etc etc etc, you you are no even out there"
i said that i had not been out in hours, was trying to get my daughter to put clothes on to go out and play (autism) and daughter has no nap (of course) and is afternoon crabby, and has been fighting cold so more crabby than usual. i also said had other things to worry about than kids playing in my yard, also noticed that two fathers were out there to supervise those kids (as i have stated to kids that they can not play on set without an adult with them)

so she went on about how rude the nieghbors were (i was not bothered by it)
THEN... i notice that her daughter was one of the kids playing on the swingset !

so she called to say neighbors were rude, but her daughter was one of the kids BUT the childs parent was not watching her - she was busy calling me to gossip about 'rude' neighbors

was it not the rudest thing to have your child out there and not supervise AND call me to """report""" and neighbors rudness

can ANYONE make sense of this woman???

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 9:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Busy body Pictures, Images and Photos

I hate busy bodies!

We had a neighbor like that once. She spied on people all day everyday. It got so bad that she asked to work from home so she could spy on us 24/7. I will say that I felt safe with her around because she was always watching. I made friends with her so that she didn't turn on us.

I was sure happy when she moved.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I hate nosy neighbors. I moved to the country so I don't have that problem anymore.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• maybe she thought she was more of a friend, than a neighbor, and being so, had 'dibs' on your playset, above the other 'neighbors'..funny.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would have called her on it. Then told her if she paid more attention to her own house then putting her nose where it didn't belong. She wouldn't embarrass herself like this.
    daps

Answer by daps at 10:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I really dislike negative people. I've used the statement "Don't tell me to clean my yard if you need to clean yours." It's bit of double standard for her to be griping about other neighbors when she is one of those neighbors shes griping about...lol. Every time you point a finger you have 4 more pointed right back you. (another good point)  I would have brought it to her attention that her child was over there. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• LMAO sounds like she lost track of her own kid while worrying about everyone elses.. talk about foot in mouth..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I agree with daps........call her on it.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• She sounds like a gossiping trouble maker, Gah I would've said well your dd is one of the kids playing out there so how are you watching her if your on the phone with me complaining about our neighbours, she sounds like a real nut case.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• so, since her child was out there in my yard, was she calling yourself rude
    even more rude, as the other kids had a parent out there watching them and she was not watching hers but calling me on phone to report the rude neighbors

is this not beyond calling the kettle black???
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Maybe she didn't know her child was there. It is certainly odd behavior---maybe she's in some sort of strange way trying to befriend you?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2011