Does your 6 almost 7 year old cry when his 3 year old sister 'hits' him?

My DS cries when hi sister hits him. I know it can't possibly hurt, though she is corrected. I think she thinks its funny he makes such a fuss. I know my son has some delays but is this part of his delays or is this normal for a almost 7 year old child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know what his delays are, but in most 7 y/o I would say it's attention seeking behavior.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Just because the child being hit is older, doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. Teach your younger one to stop hitting. Have you ever been headbutted by a 3 year old? It hurts. I have been hit by toddlers and it can hurt, depending on where you are hit. He could also be crying because he is mad and knows better than to hit back or he is frustrated because no one is stopping the child from hitting him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• You are a grown adult, you have different feelings and pain tolerance. You have NO clue if your 3 yr old hitting truly hurts your son or not. Nice that you are passing the blame to him by saying it's all his fault for making a big deal out of it.
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Dude, my two year old has busted my lip open before just playing. That stuff can HURT. Make sure you don't invalidate his feelings. Maybe just remind him that even though it might hurt, it's important not to react too much because then it seems like a fun game to her. Also, it may not just be pain - he could be frustrated if he feels that the behavior isn't stopping. He's not being a baby. He's still pretty young to not get upset over being hit.
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 1:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Sometime my 19 month old sends me for a loop when he connects with my face. Perhaps it hurts for then you think. He may be crying out of frustration too.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have been hit by her and no it doesn't hurt. She is going for reaction thats it. He looks like a fool screaming and crying over her literally touching him with her fist. The more I think about it the more I think it;s him and it's his fault form making it a big deal.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Why did you ask if you had it all figured out? Did you want us to blame your son like you are? Ok your son is a big sissy whiny baby and it is all his fault. Toughen him up before Jr High or he will be a goner. Have a great day!
    Anonymous

• NO I just have been thinking about it more since I asked and wondered what others thought but they all assume my daughter is just beating the snot out of him when she's not. she is touching him with her fist and he flips out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Dude you are trying to make it out like this child is 50pounds! She is tiny and doesn't even really hit that hard. He is the one that turns around and bites her back. I wouldn't blame her if she did nail him after that but she doesn't. I guess all boys over react and act like babies though given the responses...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Sounds like you have it all under control over there.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011