How much would u get ur 5 month old baby for Christmas

How many things did u get ur baby for Christmas? Do you think it is bad to get them alot for there first Christmas? Do you think I got my son to much? I got him 10 outfits, a 4 new toys, 2 musical toys for his crib, a play pen, a bounce seat, a high chair and a new crib set..... Most of it was things he needed but i waited for Christmas to buy them...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Holidays

• at this age, its all in what you need for him! If you have the money...do it!! no harm!!
    Anonymous

• I never got my baby anything for christmas. He didn't know the difference and he got soooo much from everyone else. Now that hes older its a whole new ballgame:)
    Anonymous

• It sounds as though you made wonderful purchases! There is nothing that won't be used, and I think that you did well. If he'd already had all of those things, I would have suggested just a cuddly toy and maybe one little outfit, and money in his college account.

Answer by Bmat at 10:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• We're getting our 5 month old just a few things. Mostly stuff we think he needs like pajamas and an exersaucer, and a few toys. He's still so little and he wont even know the difference. I want him to grow up knowing what Christmas is really about and not thinking it's all about presents. I figured it's not too early to start. Whatever works best for your family is what you should do. I'm not going to say it's too much, because if that's what you felt you should get for your child, then you did the right thing.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It's a great idea to get stuff that's needed. He's not going to have a clue what Christmas is about this year, maybe not even next (he'll probably be more interested in the wrapping paper and bows lol). But for right now, it sounds like you're on the right track :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Thank you all, i know Christmas isnt about gifts, and i am going to teach him that but i also want him to have everything he needs.... maybe not everything he wants but needs.....
    Anonymous

• our DD will be 6 months christmas day. we bought her an outfit (i was out and it was too darn cute to pass up), an exersaucer (santa brought it monday...hehe), a cabbage patch baby, and i think that's about it besides some rattle stocking stuffers. we didn't go crazy, she's too young to know right now and because she's the first g-baby on my side, my divorced parents are going crazy buying her stuff. i have made my mom buy her mostly books, she's like "i'm a bad mamaw, all she's getting from me is books" but oh well.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• most of the time people just buy babies what they need since they don't know what they "WANT" I have no clue on what to get my two kids... lol
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i haven't shopped for my baby just yet. I buy her something every time we go out lol I will get her something because even tho she would remember i think it will be nice to have pictures of her opening something she will be 5 months as well. My parents got her many things so it will make up for what i can't afford.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Parents should take the "gift" money for such young kids and invest it. You can start investing for around $250 for mutual funds and less in other types--even just a savings account. To waste money on toys and such that they won't even remember is sad. Most parents buy far more than the kid needs. The only other thing to buy are good books and start to build her own library.
    Anonymous