Birth plan?

u has anyone made up a birth plan and used it? and if so what kind of things were on it? because this has been an issue discussed between my husband and I recently and we are undecided.

Wanabmommy

Asked by Wanabmommy at 10:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• HAs** sorry i wish there was a spell check on these thiings
    Wanabmommy

Comment by Wanabmommy (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• the only plan I had was to get the baby out... and that was successful :)
    good luck with everything :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yea i'm like Emma, my only plan was to go to the hospital pregnant and leave with a baby. Labor is no more than a means to an end for me
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My birth plan went as follows: "No epidural, avoid c-section, pain management Demerol and Phenergan PRN." That's exactly what happened.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• what kind of birth plan ? how to labore or after having the baby ?
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I will have somewhat of a birth plan. You can't plan for everything but if you want a natural delivery it is important to have a plan and to do research on pain management before you go in. I don't want an IV becasue I want to be free to walk and use the shower and change positions. I don't want pitocin unless it is an absolute last resort. I am taking a birthing ball with me. You can also have babies care in your plan. If you want to wait to give immunizations and stuff like that.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I was a high risk pregnancy and figured I'd need some intervention so I didn't worry about a birth plan.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• what did your after birth plan include for baby? did the baby stay in your room, or nursery?
    Wanabmommy

Comment by Wanabmommy (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• We are going to keep the baby in our room unless hubby and I are both sleeping then we will send baby to nursery. I figure it is better to have nurse watching the baby than us just sound asleep. I will insist that they bring the baby to us as soon as it wakes for nursing.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yes with my first i used a birthplan and was followed by pretty close; i had things like being allowed to walk around,NO potocin,do nto offer meds I will ask if I feel like i need it{ it was to keep less pressure for them off...only my family didnt get that memo} baby is to sleep in my room and not nursary, no bottles or passifiers -i was breastfeeding. i think those were the big things but i am goin in again here in fall so i will be doing another brithplan soon:) good luck.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2011