DO WE REALLY KNOW WHAT IS IN OUR TOOTHPASTE??

WARNING!!!! THE CHEMICAL TICLOSAN IS A CARCINAGIN,IT CAUSES CANCER!!!! COLGATE HAS IT IN THERE,CREST DOES NOT!!!! ALSO THE CHEMICAL FORMELDEHYDE IS A CARCINIGIN,IT CAUSES CANCER,IT IS IN SOME SHAMPOOS!!!! BE CAREFUL WHAT U USE!!!!!! THIS INFORMATION CAME FROM THE NEWS!!!!!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 10:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Health

• yea everything causes cancer these days lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• CaramelH, This is the recipe I use- http://www.ehow.com/how_4698528_own-toothpaste.html

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• everything causes cancer. its nothing new.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Kinda scary stuff! I switched to Melaleuca's toothpaste a few years ago - all natural - has Melaleuca oil in it - which fights gingivitis and is sweetened with xylitol which has been proven to prevent tooth decay and actually helps rebuild enamel. You can either get it with or without fluoride - I chose no fluoride (more nasty stuff) - and was worried when we went to our dentist appointment (6 months late) - I've always been told to use fluoride to prevent cavities - was sure the kids and I were going to have them - actually - the dentist was very impressed with the health and of our teeth and gums and how clean our teeth were - No cavities and barely any cleaning time :) - my dentist is now using this toothpaste too:)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yes, I know exactly what is in my toothpaste, because I make my own.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Zakysmommy-it is true! Not at all funny!!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• how do you make you own toothpaste ? ... i need to have a laborartory to know all stuff we could have in house that could cause a CANCER ....
    thx for sharing the news ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i have a child with autism
    have found my life revolves around trying to avoid chemicals that can make her autism traits worse
    what is in US food is nightmare causing
    everywhere you turn (look around you) everything is make from chemicals, things you would have no idea what they are and what these chemicals are doing to young bodies and minds (us old people too)
    you do not have to see a child have reaction to chemicals to know that those same chemicals are affecting all others, just not in a way that shows in an obvious way
    thanks for the toothpaste link
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• lambdarose- The report was from the FDA. Switch to crest,no fears using that. It is very scary for those of us who have had cancer and won the battle!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yeah I either make my own, use baking soda or buy the fluoride free Tom's brand
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011