Couponing and storage help?

Ok, so I'm into using a lot of coupons. Unfortunately I can't do extreme couponing because I don't have stores in the area with double coupons. BUT I do try and save as much as I can. Problem is I have a really tiny kitchen and no storage in the house. Could I store dry goods in one of those plastic totes in my shed in the yard, or even canned goods? It does get to over 100 degrees here. I want the food to be safe to eat.

attap5

Asked by attap5 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Shopping

• Storing food outside in a hot shed is not a good idea. Cans can explode from the heat & other foods will spoil quickly, plus you'd have to worry about insects & rodent infestations.

There are options, though. You can store canned goods under your beds, in the back or bottom of closets, under the stairs or even in unused dresser space. Non-perishable food items can be stored in any nook or cranny that you can find in your house except the attic, bathrooms and/or damp basements (dry basements are okay). Non-food items can be stored anywhere that isn't frequently wet or damp (moisture will leach into paper goods & cardboard packaging, which encourages mold growth). If you choose to store paper goods outside, be advised that insects will invade to nest in the packaging, so store in insect-proof containers whenever possible.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I think you would want cool storage - heat would probably ruin most any food products.

Bump for hopefully more answers to your question ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2011