Your acting desperate!!

Ok I wanted a good Title.. (:

My girlfriend really likes this guy. She knew he sort of like her, but she recieved an email from the guys mother, and she had taken a picture of her sons blackberry, and it was a picture of my girlfriend and him from his nieces birthday party- Sweet right??!!! She had no idea he liked her THAT much!

Well the guys sister sent her a friend suggestion for her to add the guy to her friends list. I told her that she should wait until HE sends her a request. Its apparent he likes her.. (obviously) but I say let him come to you. Am I giving her righ advice? Or should she just go ahead and add him?

Its not only about FB- I know it seems silly- but I think if he were really reallly interested, he would initiate it first... right? That what IIII think, but she wanted me to get your opinions...

A.Mommys.Love

Asked by A.Mommys.Love at 10:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

Level 3 (-9 Credits)
  • I agree with you and secondly, I'm curious as to why the mother and sister decided to expose his crush on your friend...maybe if she decides to date him, find out if mom and sis are big influencers in his life because it may lead to trouble...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It sounds like he might be shy, or his family wants her to be his girlfriend. I don't think it is a big deal to request him if someone suggested it, but I wouldn't start writing him messages or posting on his wall, if he accepts the friend invite, great, if not he isn't interested, but tell her not to freak out if it doesn't happen right away, alot of people don't check their facebook alot!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:04 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• imo
    correct
    let this man pursue her
    men like the chade part, if woman seems to easy, lots of men become less interested
    stupid right? but that is how most men think (or it is their lack of thought that causes this reaction)

answer- you gave good advise to not jump to accept the friend suggestion of befriending the guy, any request should come from the man himself
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:04 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• and does not sound like she would be acting desperate, but too easy (not easy as in sex) but men like a challenge and a chase
    even if the man is shy (then you have to act like he is in charge of chase while guiding him along the way without his knowledge)
    becomes more tricky but can be done even with a shy man
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:06 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• oh no- we know the family.. they are GOOOOD people.. they really like her I am assuming.. they are all about family. Not sure if they get into his business and what not.. but they are lovely
    A.Mommys.Love

Comment by A.Mommys.Love (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Maybe they feel if they wait he will not do anything at all your right but maybe he needs a push????
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2011