Aggravating....long

I have a 2 week old daughter that I'm nursing, my ex and his family will not leave me alone. He's constantly asking to take her for a few hours or over night, I think she too young to leave me yet. I'm not able to pump any extra to give him, and they are constantly hounding me about using formula becasue of it, so they can have her. And I don't want to use it! His mother also thinks its appropriate to give her cereal in a bottle so she sleeps through the night and I find this appalling, she two weeks old she shouldn't be sleeping though the night. I'm scared to death thats shes going to when I'm not around.

letlovegrow

Asked by letlovegrow at 11:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I'm trying to stay civil for the baby but this is constant everytime she sees them, i'm ready to skip state to get the hell away from them. I also have a hard time with the fact that i use my own money and gas so they can see her, when her father isnt help me out in any way and can't keep a job but bitches about seeing the baby.Hes the one who kicked me out 7months pregnant and told everyone she wasn't his. Is it time to buck-up and be the bitch is so very much want to be...what do i do to get them off my back?
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 11:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• my situation is kinda similar as in my babies daddy left me when i was 8 months pregnant and him and his family have denied her for 6 1/2 months.now they finally want something to do with her and on his moms myspace she has a bunch of pics of my daughter and people left comments about how she must be so pround...ya right but anyways if it was me in your situatiion i wouldnt stop them from seeing her but just say i dont have enough gas to go to your house so you need to come over to see her and about the formula and bottle and cerial in the bottle just tell them you dont want to do that with your baby and they need to respect your wishes since it is your child and for the father to take her overnight i personally wouldnt let him because i feel 2 weeks is a little young for that but i wouldnt stop him or his family from seeing her cuz you dont want that on you head that you did that.
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Be the bitch, bf your baby and the hell with them She is yours. At the end of the day, you are mom and you know what is right for her and what you want for her. If you are comfortable then maybe they can stay a whole day there, just so you can get a break but she is way to young to go alone. Stand strong.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 11:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Does he have any custody? You might want to take care of this so it doesn't become a problem. If he wants to see his baby that he should find the way to do it. It sounds like your baby's father is very controlling. Stop it right a way. Tell her that the sleeping thru the night and breastfeeding are the best for the baby. She has the right to study up on it. Request her to. If there persists to be a problem than tell the father that his mom is a problem and that you will fix this if he doesn't. Like I said, a lawyer would be a good thing.
    lovewing

Answer by lovewing at 12:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• God gave women instincts for this very reason. Everything you are doing for your baby is the right thing to do. Trust your own instincts. It doesn't sound like those people are thinking about the baby's needs at all, or yours. It sounds pretty selfish of them to make you do everything. If this were a court of law, I doubt the jury and judge would give much in their favor. His mother is wrong about giving cereal in a bottle to sleep through the night. Maybe in a couple of months...but right now, the baby is best not traveling to and fro in the winter, it could make her sick. So just stand your ground, and don't be afraid of her or him. Fight for your baby!
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 12:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Screw that, I'm sure they care about the baby, and so they need to understand that the baby doesn't need anything else right now but MOMMY and BOOBIES, I'd say maybe at 6 months... But please don't give your baby formula... Breastfeed exclusively as long as you can... Formula is not an acceptable substitue for a warm human being and living antibodies.... NO NO NO!!!
    DominaLiberty

Answer by DominaLiberty at 1:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• If you don't want to give her formula, don't let them pressure you into it! I let that happen with my first baby and I regret it all the time. I so resent the people that were constantly on my a** about it! And as far as you taking the baby to see him all the time, I would quit that too! JMO, but if he wants to see her so badly, he can find a way to come to you. Why should you have to cater to him? I say go right ahead and be a bitch... it's your daughter, you know what's best for her and you need to stand up for it!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 2:04 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• no he doesnt have any custody and never even signed the papers in the hospital saying that she is his. I think its about time i tell'em to eat dirt and this is the ways its going to be. And i wont be giving her formula i dont think its right if you are able to nurse, and i enjoy doing it.Thank you guys!
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008