Circumcision

yes or no?

Wanabmommy

Asked by Wanabmommy at 10:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, .... and other families and the goverment should stay out of it. (sorry this q has been here a lot lately) lol
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I did my son only because I was young and listened to the doctors, never doing any research. If I had it to do all over again, I would not have done it. I've learned my lesson to research EVERYTHING involving my children and what goes into their minds and bodies and what is done to their bodies.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes - we did for our son because a family member (when he was a older) got a VERY bad infection, he then went on to get circumcised for better health (for him). Thats why we did it, we didn't want our son to have any problems later in life & then have the horror of remembering having it done.
    At then end of the day, it's your choice so follow your gut feeling & remember Mom knows best when it comes to your own child - good luck in deciding:)
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• We didn't have my son circumcized. Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal and I have no strong opinions on the subject, but my husband does and he wanted our son "intact."

Telephus44

Answer by Telephus44 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My husband is uncircumcised and he wants our son to be circumcised. I also want our son to be circumcised. Not doing it can cause problems later in life such as bad infections and increased chances of UTI's and what not. Also it hurts the first time a boy has sex or masturbates because it tears the forskin from the tip of the penis. Its also harder to keep clean.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Nope. I have seen one too many botched circumcisions to be interested in doing that to a child of mine. If we have a boy, he can decide if he wants to be circumcised when he's 10-13.
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 1:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• yes, cleaner for them. and the foreskin on an uncircumsized person is so ugly. IMO
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No - it is not often done in my country and you will find it hard to find a doctor that will do it when not medically necessary
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 6:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It depends on how you feel about it, and if "looking" different from daddy or other boys is an issue for you. It is in my religion, so it was not an option for us not to do it, but talk to your hubbs and get his feelings on the matter. I will say that when my BIL converted to Judiasim, he got circum. at the age of 43,, I am sure he much would have rather done it when he was a baby,, lol!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:35 AM on Jun. 20, 2011