I timed everything accurately from my 1 day of ovulation and i still got a menstrual 5days befor it was due

what am i suppose to do in this situation they say if u are ur not gonna be able to tell yet what does this mean for me....

Lucious536

Asked by Lucious536 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• They tell you that you will get your period 14 days after you ovulate. That is not always true. I know for a fact that I conceived my son 14 days after the start of my period prior to him and my period is 30 days apart. This is just what they think is "normal" Try an OPK or learn about the signs your body gives you that you are ovulating.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Different women have different cycles. Your cycles could be irregular, luteal phases can be longer/shorter, etc. Not everyone has a 28 day clockwork schedule. Focus on tracking your periods and then monitoring your ovulation based on that. OR, just have sex every other day. :p
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 1:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Sounds like your timing is off! Usually 28 days is normal but not for every woman! My sister has a period every 24 days and I have one every 30 days! Hope u get straightened out!
    ttcforever6391

Answer by ttcforever6391 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Even if you time it down to the second there's no guarantee of getting pregnant. Are you sure the problem isn't with your partner's sperm?? Maybe he makes poor swimmers and they aren't strong enough to get where they need to go.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2011