When did Christians become afraid to speak the truth of Gods Word?

It seems like today everyone adds to, stretches, or leaves out scripture to make themselves happy. When did we become so afraid to believe Gods Word, and to proclaim that we believe it?

ColleenF30

Asked by ColleenF30 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• People try to adjust the word to accommodate themselves so they will feel better about what they are doing or either some people are stuck in their way or in a certain "religious doctrine."

Some people are so focused on religious doctrine that they lose the truth in God all together.

I think if the scriptures don't back up what your saying it's false and made up doctrine.

TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• The reason to that is that even though we know we're not supposed to conform, to a certain extent, people still want to. You have certain churches that don't believe a certain way, and even though a person has scriptural proof that those beliefs are wrong, nobody wants to make waves.

I've seen that more times than I care to admit and will admit to being the same way myself. Sometimes you just have to rely on God to show people the truth because they won't see it any other way.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• We are in the last day. Nothing should suprise us anymore.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 11:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I think that the bible is something to be interpreted and when people interpret things their take on it is often skewed by their prior experience, knowledge, etc. That is why I feel it is all so subjective and not really worth trying to convince others that YOU are right and that YOU know the truth. I think spirituality is too personal and subjective to leave up to a book. jmo No one is any more qualified than the next human to say that they are right and true, but someone else isn't.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 11:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Sorry Just for your FYI not trying to be arrogant. But if you are not led by the holy ghost to open your understanding on the WORD OF GOD you do not have understanding on what you are reading.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 11:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• yes, that is one opinion. we have to agree to disagree. :)
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 11:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Progenitor if you are not a self proclaimed Christian why are you responding? This question is for Christians who believe and stand on what it says. Your interpertation is meaningless. You say from your own mouth you do not let Holy Ghost guide you. So you need to interpret for people who believe as you do not the Christians that live by the bible as their guide.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 11:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• You are right, and I am tired anyway, and have stuff to do. Have a good night and try not to let the infidels get to you.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 11:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• lol That was funny!
    Anonymous

• That was me I didn't mean to push the anon button. its late
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 11:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2008