Is this totally wrong of me? or would u do the same

I'm living in apartent this year because my hubby is in school so we had to move states for the commute. Ok so this is my first time living in an apartment buliding so i"m not sure if this happens alot or if its just in my case..so, we have these choice few teenagers who always drink and are very very loud and vulgar, cussing and throwing trash and so on and so forth all hours of the night. SO, last night i called the local non-emergency number police department and asked them to quiet them down. They came, and incidentally found drugs and underage drinkers, so they carted them off to jail. But now i feel a little guilty. should i?

Wanabmommy

Asked by Wanabmommy at 11:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• No. It is your job as an American citizen to report a crime. You are in violation of the law if you don't. Besides, if they were following the law, then they would have only been told to quiet down. Now you can get a restful nights sleep and not worry about your TV coming up missing to pay for the next party.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• HELL NO you shouldn't feel guilty! You might've saved their lives! I have worked with delinquent kids and it usually IS something like that that helps them to open their eyes since apparantly their parents are not going to.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• not wrong at all - you dont' really want to live around these people anyway so this is the best way to get them out
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No you should not feel guilty for them doing illegal things...they were stupid for being rowdey and thinking nothng would come of it. I know ehn I was younger in my party days we were smart about it...we were not rude and did not draw attention to ourselves for that reason.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• absoluty not!! no guilt, I'd feel the same as you but we have to know and believe these actions we take that are so hard are for the safety of our kids and there-by nessecery
    misha230

Answer by misha230 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No do not feel gulity at all. They were breaking the laws, you did the right thing. Plus if they were doing illegal activity they were pretty damn stupid to be loud about it and draw attention to themselves. My family has lived in the same apt building for 6 yrs and never had issues like this. However if I did I would have called the non emergency # and reported it too. You did the right thing.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Nope. There are rules for apartments and rules in society and if someone breaks the rules or the law or both, they should be punished for it.
    peacemedic

Answer by peacemedic at 11:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would have done the same thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• NO you have a right to live and a community area and if you didn't call someone would of. It's there fault for getting caught. If you are doing something illegal then being quiet would of been there better choice. Now enjoy some quiet.
    tazwoman2424

Answer by tazwoman2424 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• all very noraml human nature
    to call
    to feel some amount of guilt after

but the teens were in the wrong, if they did not get caught because of your call, it would have happened sooner or later
    possible it was just the right time for this to happen, maybe one or more of them will straighen out a bit

try to think of as a good thing, you will never know, but MAYBE this needed to happen for one of them to better them selves, maybe saved some future bad result happening from the poor choices that were going on

if these were under agers, was there an adult living in apartment? or were these under agers that were old enough to live in their own? just thinking that an adult should have been acting responsible and not making this into your problem
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011