How do I stop stressing so much sometimes over nothing amounts to anything

Morning well here I am sitting up here been worried since Brittany left for day support program she did not go Monday she has a sty on her eye getting better she is 18 and handicapped well worry set in all day yesterday afternoon should I send her they are going to call say she has to come home well I got up at 5:10 and her a little after the van came at 7:25 well so far no phone call and its 11:05.

I am even saying they keep her but be a note in her bookbag dont send Friday I know I am under a lot of stress me and my boyfriend living together is not working out and he will move out soon as he finds a place then she and I have been going through a lot since she started having seizures in March of this year and she had to be homeschooled what makes me like I am I hate it I know Brittany is alright I find myself doing this the first day of school then may be bus issues.

blessed4918

Asked by blessed4918 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It's normal for a parent to worry. My 8 year old is at camp this week. I too homeschool so we are together almost all the time. I know if anything happens there will be a phone call. It's ok, worrying isn't making you a bad parent. Sit and make yourself a cup of tea and try and relax. If they were going to send her home for the sty, you would have gotten a call already. Good luck to you and your daughter with your new lives ahead of you. Take it as an adventure in your lives.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I wish I knew!! but deep yoga type breathing and telling yourself out loud that you are ok and capable really helps. good luck
    misha230

Answer by misha230 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Take a few deep breaths and just take one thing at a time. Realize worrying can't fix anything. Try and focus on the positives that you do have control over and find something to keep your mind busy with something other than worrying.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 11:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Worry about the things you can control and don't about those things you can't. Do your best and that is all you can do.

Answer by older at 2:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Maybe counseling to help you learn ways to cope with stress and things you can't control. It's hard to not worry but when it becomes excessive and you are sitting around not doing anything and worrying, it becomes a problem. Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2011