2 month old sleeping through the night

My 2 month old has started sleeping 6+ hours every night since she got her shots on Friday and is taking longer in between feedings during the day. Anyone else had this happen? Should I be concerned?

peacemedic

Asked by peacemedic at 11:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi your baby will be going through a ton of changes in sleep patterns and feedings. Don't be concerned, 6 hour stretches are great for two months. As long as the baby is eating and pooping and napping fine. No worries. I hope this helps
    tazwoman2424

Answer by tazwoman2424 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I doubt the 2 are related, no fever right? I seem to recall this was about the time, when DS started sleeping better. If she is running a temp, call the doc!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:15 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Just keep an eye on her. Sometimes things do change after shots. I don't give them to my children anymore, but my niece gets them and it's pure you know what. On the other hand, she could just have changed her sleep pattern. I was home with my 2nd one 12 hours after she was born. She slept from 8 to 5am. I was frantic. She always slept through the night. I wish the other ones would have!
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I will say that I doubt the shots have anything to do with her sleep patterns. If she has no fever, doesn't seem to be in any distress, it's probably just normal changes in her routine. Infants change so much so often. Not saying that vaccine injuries don't happen, I know they most certainly do, so, obviously, keep an eye on her, but really, the benefits greatly outweigh the risks.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• All 5 of mine started sleeping 8 plus hours by 2 months, and it seemed very sudden - like it happened overnight from them waking up3 times/night to sleeping through. If she has no fever, I doubt the two are related.

Answer by missanc at 12:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'm very pro-vaccine BTW. I'm a paramedic and have seen what can happen to unvaccinated children. I was curious. I really don't think the two are related but I can't help but note the time frame. She's fine just has been sleeping a lot more and longer since the weekend.
    I do feel a lot better now. Just wanted to hear from some other mommies! :)
    peacemedic

Comment by peacemedic (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Sounds normal momma! My almost 5 week old daughter has a 7hr stretch of sleep starting at 10PM then has a 3-4hr stretch after that at night since we started the "dream feed". I'm not worried about it because she's growing great and has the normal amount of wet/dirty diapers. Just enjoy the extra sleep!
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2011