Has anyone every used a resume writer?

I am looking for any suggestions or reviews on using a resume writer. Wanting to get a job, after obtaining my SW license in State of Wisconsin but I need to get my resume Noticed!

Thanks for any suggestions or reviews you may have!

Schafer

Asked by Schafer at 11:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• Talk to a career counselor at your university.  They'll help you with your resume and it will be free unlike hiring someone.

MoversShakers

Answer by MoversShakers at 11:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I tried to once but the two people i sent my resume to said there wasn't anything they'd change. I was disappointed but i guess it's good to know i have a good resume.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I haven't, but I have a friend who did, and I actually hated what they did to her resume, and I wasn't surprised when she went a long time without getting any calls for interviews. When she finally reverted to a regular chronological style, she started getting calls. I think that if you are in a really niche business, and at certain levels within businesses, that different resume styles might be useful, but I'd take a look to see what the norm is in your field before I would consider having a "specialist" work on your resume.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 1:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011