What would you say to your SO or DH if he said to you until you earn sixty thousand dollars or more you have to do all work pertaining to the house and they do nothing?

Even if you had or have a job and go to school and contribute to the bills what would you say?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I would itimize everything you do. Give him a weekly bill. I would keep track. Oh, and I would quit working outside the home and concentrate on school. Your husband sounds like an ass.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would say, I will be happy to do the work for myself and our kids, there is your laundry, and here are the directions to the grocery store, I purchase a small fridge for you to keep your food in, and I will not being paying any utility bills expcet for the 1/2 I use,, I would totally go on strike,,, he will change his mind,, and don't you dare do one thing for him,,LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i would charge him 10,000 dollars for each blow job
    you will make your quota soon enough and have enough left over to hire a nanny to watch the kids while you take a nice vacation for yourself (without your cheap ass selfish husband)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would probably laugh in his face and say ream on.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'm a stay at home wife, and almost mother, and my husband would never say this to me. Even though it is only fair that I do all the housework, he helps out. My husband has a problem leaving socks on the floor, so if my husband said this, i would say...excuse you sir, I'm not your mother, or slave, you do not own me, pick up your damn socks off the floor, and put your shoes where they're supposed to go, and maybe clean up you beard shavings off the bathroom sink for once, I refuse to be talked to like that...make your own damn dinner tonight honey!

Yeah, I'd probably say that.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I actually wrote my ex husband a bill one time: I charged him for being his Chef, Maid, Daycare provider, Preschool teacher, Laundry service, Prostitute.....and so on and so forh....
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'd point to the front door and say: Don't let it hit ya where nature split ya. And my husband know if he pulled some macho crap like that he'd be out on his ear.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'd laugh and then tell him that he has 5 seconds to change that attitude before my inner 'bitchzilla' comes out and rips him a new one! I would remind him that I also work and contribute to bills, and since we BOTH live in the house we are BOTH responsible for keeping it tidy. Then if he still has his attitude I would leave his stuff to rot (not cook for him, not pick up after him, not wash his clothes, not cook for him) and I would only do for me and the kids, only fix enough meals for the kids and I, and make only things we like.... and leave him to fend for himself! Maybe when he has to start doing for himself he will change his attitude fast! If that does not work then his stuff would be packed up and waiting at the front door.... and he can go back home and live with his mommy and have HER do everything for his lazy ass!!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• That's called boundaries. It's either a concept that's accepted or a deal breaker. It should be said before marriage though so you have a choice.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I already to that. He works OTR so I do everything including taking care of the farm, building things, fixing things, homeschooling, etc. I just complain a lot. It's not so bad when he isn't here but I do get mad when he's "on vacation" and does nothing. When he gets off work he goes back to his motel and hangs out, even has a maid to clean his rooms and make his bed. Either deal with it or get out. I think it's rude and obnoxious. I don't believe in making a DH do half if you are SAHM, especially when it comes to the girl stuff, but I do expect them to do their men's stuff.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2011