If you are dating someone for a couple months and he decides he should no longer pay anything on dates or go dutch do you tell him to kick rocks if yes why if not why?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Well I would talk to him and ask him why the change? Is he worried about money? I would gladly go dutch or offer to pay sometimes but if he thinks he did his time paying and it will be me paying for everything from now on--- then he would be history.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:45 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• 2 months into it, and he wants to mooch off of me,, I don't have a problem paying once in awhile for myself, but 2 months in sounds like it would only go downhill from there. Being as old as I am,, I am finished with "helping" deadbeats out, if my hubbs decides he doesn't want me anymore, the next one will be 100% finacially secure, and want to lavish me with attention and love!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I prefer to go dutch on dates. I would have offered this from the get-go. If this was something that he started insisting on suddenly, I would want to talk to him about why to find out what his thinking is. The going dutch part wouldn't bother me, but I would wonder what was going on in his head and would want to talk to him about it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Most couples grow into either party paying when they are out together as the relationship progresses and becomes deeper. If he has just bluntly informed you that he will no longer be paying all the time, I would say that he is looking for a way out. Give it to him.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have never expected someone to buy everything for dates. I just feel that's totally outdated. I always preferred to go dutch or do I "I pay this time, you pay next time." kinda thing.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 11:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• If I was in that circumstance I would go half with him sometimes but not all the time. You're a queen who deserve to be treated like a queen. Don't let him off that easy.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would ask why the change all of a sudden did he lose his job or something or is he having second thoughts about going out on dates
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Sorry but if I was dating and the guy didn't want to pick up the tab he'd be gone. I do think that while dating once in a while the female should offer to buy or do the planning or do something special like buy a gift for him, but during the courting stage I think most of that should fall on the man.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2011