My son didn't poop for two days

he's six month n half drinking breastmilk only. He ate banana and peas in the pass 4 days. He's pooing 3 or 4 times a day normally. I've been drinking soy milk could that be the reason? He won't eat pear I'll try prune tonight. What else can I Do to get him to poo?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Prune works very fast ... also warm water is good. if that doesn't work, just a sliver of a suppository will be fine.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Does he act uncomfortable? As food is introduced he BM scedule may change. It is ok for them to go a day or two without pooping as long as he seems comfortable. You can give him a little Corn Syrup in warm water...my pedi had me do this when my son was consatpated. It worked wonders.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Don't give him a suppository unless your doctor says it is o.k. Give white grape juice mixed with water. It works everytime. Let me know,I have other ideas too!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No corn syrup. It's a botulism risk.

Nurse more. That's the easy answer. Breastmilk is nature's laxative. Make sure solids only follow nursing. It is normal for bowel movements to slow down; worry only if she's passing hard dry pellets. If that happens, cut the solids.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I had that problem with my son when he was on breast milk and changed to soy milk/formula after I didn't breast feed anymore, he constantly had pooping issues, it didn't get better and improve till we gave him so stool softner, it's usually for kids over 2 yrs, but talk to a pharmist, my son could have it because he weighted more. It really helped!
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I've always read that breastfed babies can go a day or two without having a dirty diaper and have it be totally normal/fine. As long as they're not uncomfortable or in pain and once they do go it doesn't look hard, it's okay. My almost 5 week old daughter didn't go all day yesterday and hasn't gone yet today. She's actually been sleeping better to be honest. The only change I've noticed is she doesn't want to nurse as long. I'm sure that's just because her tummy's a little fuller than usual. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2011