Anyone familiar with online dating sites? Found some in my husband's email...

So....I've been a little suspecious of my husband's behavior. He sometimes gets phone calls real early in the morning or he'll get a call and walk away. I was looking through his phone. He has a smart phone which connects to his email. When I checked his email, he had a lot of notices from online dating sites. I'm not sure if these are carry over from before we met or if they are new. Does anyone know exactly how dating sites work? Do you get deactived if there is no activation on your account after a certain period of time?

Ms.Maricel

Asked by Ms.Maricel at 12:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Sometimes its spam.. they can get his email from any other unsafe site and send him emails..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have a smartphone too that connects to my emails. I also receive notices too of those stupid dating sites. It's probably spam so don't accuse unless you really believe that. I never joined and I get annoyed u receive thatcrap
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 12:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It doesn't mean anyhting. I had some junk spam sent to my e-mail. It was gross but I would not get worried over that at all, really.
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• What did the notices say,, I get advertisements from them sometimes,, go to the computer and look up the history,, the emails should have a date on them, now if it was random, or was it like you have a notice from Match.com, over and over? Over and over he is probably active, and you need to further investigate,, I don't know how long you have been married, but I assume you dated prior? I can't imagine 6 month old emails being still stored in the phone.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• depends, my husband was on those sites before we were together and even though the site name changed repeatedly, it was the same site, so I always thought he was joining new sites. They do not go inactive, and he didn't remember his password to shut it down himself.
    Anonymous

• I get those horrible emails all the freaking time. It's just spam
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 12:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• You can get them as spam, especially if you have used them before BUT they will deactivate after 6 months (because that's when you have to renew your membership). Click on one of them, if it goes to an account, he is still active, if it asks you to sign up, he is not. Also check ya'll checking account, you pay for these sites so if he has them, it should show up there too
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• talk to him rather than looking after dating sites
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'm sure it's spam, but if you have doubts why not confront him.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• There are plenty of free sites that can be joined, and often, those don't deactivate your account unless you tell them to. However, it's just as likely they could be spam. Spam for dating sites is often designed to look like you have an account - I think they do it so that people will panic, thinking that somehow they have an account and they need to click the link and delete the acct before their husband/wife finds out, so they click, and end up giving a scammer info that they shouldn't.

I would not panic and automatically assume that he is on these sites, unless you have other reasons to think that. If you do have other reasons to think that, then I would first do some more investigating into those emails, and then I would sit down with him calmly and tell him what you have found and ask him to please explain it all to you.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011