Should we be concerned?

Bio mom picks up ss today for her 1/2 of the summer return date July 22 just got a text from a friend telling me bio made a Facebook post today that (today is the day her son returns home for good the process of court is official and he will not be ever leaving me again) what's your take on this I know we just wait and see if we get any court papers. Then deal with it? I am so angry y would she post that the judge has denied her several times...she does not know that my friend went to school with her and is on her fb

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is likely wishful thinking on her part.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't panic. If papers do come, then I would (like SuperrMommyy said) take action.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• That sucks, and you probably will have to do a wait & see if the court papers arrive. She may've just been blowing off steam. At least you are prepared in advance & may want to have your husb contact his atty for further advice on this. GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My BIL's ex-wife is very similar to this woman. Long story short she's a bitch and deluded. I would contact a lawyer about possible kidnapping, but I really don't see what you can do until 1) court papers appear by either certified mail or one of those court service people. I can't for the life of me remember what they're really called. Or, 2) July 22 rolls around and he is not returned. If the latter I'd be calling the cops for kidnapping.

If you can, have your friend get a screenshot or copy that Fb post. It could be helpful if she takes off with the child.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Wait for the papers & then take action.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Follow the legal steps. Away the emotion and who posted what on their facebook or twitter.
    LadyGI

Answer by LadyGI at 12:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It's for your husband to react or not react to. Not you.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Who cares? It's just a status on an apparently private FB page. It's not legally binding. If something legal happens then your husband can deal with it then.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 12:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• im sorry i normally dont respond to the comments that are left to my questions but this is a must i am tired of people saying its something my husband needs to deal with i am the one raising my ss with my husband and yes i have a big say so in my ss life i am the supporter in my household and i raise my dd and ss so yes it is a situation for me to react to ABeaverhausen because my ss bio mother is a douch bag and does nothing to contribute to his well being and thats why she is unable to regain custody because she is unfit and my household is best for him
    rinamomof2

Comment by rinamomof2 (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2011