Post Partum Depression

Okay, I think I am suffering from post partum depression after 9 months of having my baby. I had it after my baby was born and never seeked help. I even told my husband and mother about it, but they thought it would pass. I get upset all the time, I feel like an emotional mess. I get really mad sometimes and vent out at my husband. I think he thinks I am crazy. I know I need to see a doctor, but I am ashamed to tell anyone at this point. My problem does not affect the way I take care of my baby. It is driving me nuts and my husband. Have you ever experienced this after many months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

• Well first of all it doesn't necessarily have to be post partum depression. Are you taking any sort of birth control? I think that hormones do play a very big part of the depression, or anxiety that you are talking about. However, I do recommend that you go to the Dr. and discuss your symptoms with him ASAP. Don't let anyone tell you your feelings are nothing and they will pass. YOU know yourself better than anyone else and it is VERY important that you take care of you before anyone else. I understand what you are going through all too well. I took anti-depressant meds and anti-anxiety meds for 11 years. I have just weaned myself off. If you need it, you need it. Don't let anyone tell you different.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I had the Mirena put in about 3 months ago. I have had a lot of female problems and been put on different medicines for my female issues. I think the meds did something to me. I have not been the same since.
    Anonymous

• yes actually i am currently experiencing it. i saw a psychologist and stuff and its nothing to be ashamed about (truth be told it happens to more women than youd think) talk to your husband and that may help. it could just be new baby anxiety your a little over whelmed and dont know how to handle it. i hope this was a little helpful
    if you need any more avice feel free to message me.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• PPD does NOT "JUST PASS." It effects you, your baby, and everyone around you and the sooner it is treated the better. Your doctor may prescribe anti-depressants, therapy or both, you will feel much better and function much better. Exercise does SO much too. Walking outdoors is great therapy. Don't wait like I did, it CAN get worse and lead to so many crazy things like anxieties and panic attacks, not fun. By the way Doctors really will not be shocked or look at you like you are the first to experience PPD, a lot of women go though it. Don't be ashamed, especially with your doctor. Take Care!
    ANNE584

Answer by ANNE584 at 4:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2008