Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Please Help!!!

My husband and I are separated and have been for almost a year. We live in two different states because he is in the army. Since we are not divorced legally his commander made him set up an allotment every month for child support/alimony. Well he has roughly 3-4 months left in his contract and is not resigning. Two months ago he decided to go and get a brand new truck and is paying(I kid you not) 750 a month for it. Well since this truck came around he decided to turn off the allotment because he can't afford to pay his truck and us. I called the commander and his commander told me there is nothing I can do because my husband has access to it so even if he makes him turn it back on it will take a whole month to be valid(lost month of support) and my husband has made it clear to everyone he does not care if he get's in trouble because he will turn it off every month until he get's out. So besides the truck I asked why he was doing this to our daughter and myself and his response was "Your on drugs I know none of the money is going towards our child". Which is bull because he knows I would never but he is the person who must pin everything on someone else. So not to play into his games but I said fine if that's how you feel then how about I go take a drug test and now he refuses... When we split he took everything and left me with nothing. I go to college full time and have been looking for a job but with my schedule and my daughters nothing has come in. Right now that family support is all that keeps us running. On top of that I am going to visit my family out of state next week and I have not told him because he threatens if I leave with our daughter he will have me arrested. Mind you he doesn't see her either. Please someone advice, pep talk, and yes I have a lawyer and yes the divorce papers are being written.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • im not sure where you should start..i would def be talking to my lawyers and be finding out how to get childsupport from does not matter how much his trk payment is...when my dh had to pay it they left us with 50 a week to survive on and we had a child in the home, plus had bills and had to put food on the me 50 dollars does not take care of all those things! I would make sure I stressed the issue that is is your only source of income!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

  • I have never heard of an allotment being able to be turned off by him like that just so he can make his ridiculous truc, payment over money for his own child. This makes me sick to my stomach and I wish I knew how to help with advice but if its any consultation, I do know quite a few Marines that would love to kick this Army douche's ass.

    Answer by CassiRae3 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

  • get a test to prove you'r under drugs and go and see a layer !!! if talking with him has no succes and you and you're dautghter needs that money so better be smart and quick

    Answer by caramelH at 12:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

  • I think you need to file for legal seperation and get court ordered child support, the bad news is that you are respsible for the truck as well, I don't know if he can get in trouble for buying it without your knowledge,,,you need to call a lawyer and see if they will work on payments out of your child support, you can get it for back pay as well, if he is going to be this way you have no choice but to legally pursue action.. I would take a drug test at the lawyers office, and all I can say is I am sorry, and huggs.

    Answer by kimigogo at 12:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

  • Once you have court ordered child support, he can not turn it off. He only could turn the allotment off because it was voluntary. You might not get any back support, but having legal and physical custody will make it easier to move, and if needed/wanted leave your DD overnight to visit other family. (He can't get you arrested if you leave your daughter with a responsible person while you take a trip/work/go to school.)

    Good Luck

    Answer by troeltc at 1:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.