need help

okay my daughter is 2 now and im trying to potty train the problem is she tells me shes scared of the potty. this is the first ive heard of it. see she showed me signs that she was ready when she was 13 months so i asked her dr and she said she is ready and to start potty training her. at first i showed her the potty and let her observe after a while she showed interest. so at 17 months i began the process, she had no problem. well we had to move out of our apt because our lease was up and moved in with my parents.

well while we were there NOONE, not my mom, my father, or my hubby tried to be consistent in the training, so when i wasnt around they slapped a diaper on her. she lost interest. so everyone would tel mel oh she still too young so i figured id wait until she was 2. now she is and she is scared. how do i help her overcome this? its frustrating and im scared she'll never get over it.

lovemybeba

Asked by lovemybeba at 11:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would suggest you take her panty shopping and tell her that only big girls who pee on the potty are allowed big girl panties. Let her pick out a package and take it home. Tell her that when she starts going on the potty she may open the pack and start wearing them. This worked with my daughter. She got home pulled off her diaper went potty and never wore another diaper. She did have a accient every once in awhile but they were few and far between. Dont know if it will work for you but it definately did for me. Good luck
    Anonymous

• I heard someone mention putting the underwear under the diaper. When you do this the child still can feel when there wet and you control the mess some what. When she feels the wetness she prob wont want to stay like that and it might persuade her to use the potty instead of getting wet.
    annybutcher

Answer by annybutcher at 12:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• she may be doing it becuz she dnt have to use the potty when she says that just keep working with it she will come around try to give her small treats when she sits on the potty maybe a lil bag of fruit snacks with like 3 in it make ur own bags think of some kinda treat for her and it will get her mind off of y she dnt want to use the potty
    fancylady22

Answer by fancylady22 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• try sitting her on the potty with her clothes on then you sit on the toilet next to her and make it a game you grunt and say your turn they she grunts then change her so she knows the idea when she has figured out that that is the place to do it then try it without the diaper. Children learn better by example then by words.
    Theoneandonly

Answer by Theoneandonly at 4:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I was lucky the babysitter potty trained my oldest. She said do this at home it's what where doing here. With my youngest her doc didn't belive in starting offical potty training until age 4, He said that most babies while start training themselves when they see that all the big people use the potty not the diaper. This worked great with my daughter. She went in the potty with me a few times and with her big sis (12 years older) and that was the end of the diapers. Not even one at night; She liked the freedom of big girls undies.
    granmaw56

Answer by granmaw56 at 6:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my daughter is 2 and when we started potty training her we hung a piece of paper in the bathroom and when she would go potty she would get 1 to 2 stickers depending on what she did then the next day i woud tell her lets see if we can get more today! just make a game out of it!
    hayleesmommy06

Answer by hayleesmommy06 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008