blood?

im a few days over 27 weeks and yesterday when i wiped i noticed the tiniest bit of blood. it was barely noticable. and then it happened once again today. what could this be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Um.. ur mucus plug.
    You need to call your doctor.
    like NOW
    BayB

Answer by BayB at 11:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• even if it was barely there? like u really had to look.
    Anonymous

• well just to be safe. No affence, but why do people ask questions like that without calling there doctor first? We are not doctors, we cant tell you medical information. Were just here for advice.
    BayB

Answer by BayB at 11:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Your blood vessels on your cervix are larger when you are pregnant and get aggravated easily. It could've been a burst capillary. BayB is way overreacting. Women bleed after sex sometimes, I did my whole pregnancy, b/c these blood vessels are larger. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• She asks b/c sometimes us moms have some of the same experiences. She's not like gushing blood or cramping, or spotting. She had a TINY amount of blood so tehre is no reason for her to freak out. When you're pregnant the blood vessels around your cervix are receiving a larger amount of blood....these blood vessels are aggravated easily.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• thank you girls for understanding....obviously i would be at the hospital if it was alot. im in a very stressful situation and im trying not to panic over things i dont need to.
    Anonymous

• call the doctor if it happens again and if it worries you...not to scare you but i had a miscarriage once: i had the slightest drop of blood on my panties and didnt think much of it (didnt even know i was preggers) it stopped then a few days later blood came flying out when i was having a bowel movement i went straight to the dr and he said it as a mis carriage at 20 weeks and had to get my uterus scraped...with my second ( technically) i was way more cautious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• call the doctor you could have problems later like dry birth also see if you are wiping to hard try just patting dry .when you are pregnant you are more sensitive there. try changing tissure get a softer brand.
    Theoneandonly

Answer by Theoneandonly at 3:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You know, everyone freaks out about blood in pregnancy, but your body is producing 3 times more than normal. Like Anon 8:47 said all your blood vessels have increased in size to accomadate the blood.
    I bleed for 2 weeks straight when I first got pregnant (started around 8-10 weeks). It is nerve wracking. There was nothing wrong, but I would randomly bleed (seriously bleed) through 20 weeks or so. I am 23+6 with my second and have had a few time of bloody show, but I have noticed it is after sex and that is fairly normal, for me at least.
    GL!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:38 AM on Dec. 12, 2008