Scaredy cats

ok so i know we all go through the phases where o dear this isnt good for the baby, or i shouldnt do that bc of certain research shows blah blah after you have seen that all of it is total bs how stupid did you feel?

I was the first one to have a kid on my dads side and his two stepdaughters where still expecting. as we were sitting in the kitchen they were discussing how one couldnt have a piece of chocolate bc she had one earlier today and chocolate just wasnt good for the baby..it dawned on me wow was i that scared to enjoy anything during mine?!
i am in my second pregnancy now and of corse i dont smoke, i am drinking more water than i did with my first, and resting more but the silliness like the first just isnt there...

so moms do you recall some of the over precautions you took with yours? and do you feel silly for it now?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i hear people say this stuff to me all the time and i look at them and laugh. I know its not going to hurt me or the baby. Alot of things are just old wives tales.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No,I really don't feel silly about it.I do know that with each pregnancy I became more relaxed about certain things like caffiene & chocolate.With my 1st, I read every pregnancy book I could find and tried to follow everything they said,lol.I think I did a pretty good job...I didn't gain that much weight..my son was very healthy..so I think it benefited myself more to have followed it so vigorously because when I had my other two..I ate pretty much whatever and gained so much more..and now I'm stuck with this extra weight after pregnancy! lol My other two are just as healthy as the first..so the difference really was with my own self and body! lol :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I remember other people telling me stupid things more. When I was pregnant with my first I was working at a retail chain store. I had enough common sense that one of my supervisors preferred me to break her and give her lunch. When I was 7-9 months pregnant she was told I couldn't do that any more. That I had to stay in the cashier's box/booth/belt area because I might get hit by a shopping cart and lose the baby. I felt really insulted about that one. I felt like the store was treating me like a no-brains bimbo or something. It felt GOOD to get out and walk around a little. The stool they provided was HARD and standing in a 4x2 foot area for 8 hours just sucked.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• After having my child at 27 weeks, uh, no, I don't feel silly. Why? Because I KNOW that absolutely NOTHING I did contributed to her preterm birth. Even knowing that, it's hard not to feel responsible somehow for my body failing. But it's much better than looking back and thinking "Oh god, what if it was those two glasses of wine a few nights ago?" or whatnot. It's 9 months (less, for some of us). It's worth it.
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 1:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• ok, no i was not meaning the common sense things like drinking, or smoking, or bunggy jumping, but small things such as drinking a soda, eating chocolate, taking hot baths, no using bleach or using alot of bleach, wearing certain clothes,havign or not having sex, ect...
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I ate runny eggs nearly every day of the last half of my pregnancy. THANK goodness son was perfectly healthy, or I would have certainly blamed those damn hens!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 3:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I never worried about chocolate. I craved candy with mine. The main thing I watched was my caffeine intake. Mainly coffee or pop. Other than that I was a really easy going pregnant lady. lol Well plus the obvious no alcohol, drugs, or smoking; which I do not do any way. So that was no biggy.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2011