How do i deal with my coworker?

I will start from the begining, I was a temp for about three months at this company, I made lots of friends(so i thought). After the three months the company decided to keep me on in a pernament position. Which was great cuz I love the job(seriously). One of my new friends just so happened to had been HR. She and i had personal converstaions,went to get our nails and things done together, talked all the time. I mean you could say we were building a friendship.
Fast forward a week since I was told I was gonna get the job, She is being super phony!! I even caught her whispering about me in the corner with my boss. I know they were talking about me cuz i heard my name several times. The situation bothers me so much. I know it shouldn't but it does. She is being very just fake as hell. I mean where is this person I thought i was buliding a frienship with? And today she rolled her eyes at me several times, I mean what is this High School? Maybe an the HR dircetor was the wrong person to bulid a friendship with but gosh, just level of catty crap is ridiclous!! Advise Please!!!

EttaMay

Asked by EttaMay at 12:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would have a sitdown with your boss and clear the air this is going to get worse if you do not.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'd ignore it. You're there to do a job, not make friends. If you work hard and do your job well you won't have anything to worry about. If you no longer feel comfortable having a personal relationship with the HR manager just don't. You can be polite and have a conversation with her without being best friends.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Do NOT descend to her level, do your job and document the hell out of everything you accomplish. And yes, talk to the boss.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes,I would have a conversation with her. But,I would not be having personal conversations with someone I hardly know!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• The HR person is engaging in that behavior? She should know better ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2011