Ruining my mood... adult content

My mother has a bf who drives her completley insane. He accuses her of cheating (which i know shes not shes to busy to cheat) ,he wants attention all the time, he only wants her ....not the whole package that is soppposed to come with her like her son and me. He never spends family time he just sits around all day on his phone in her bed. He dosent live with us (i live with mom long story) and he doesnt clean up after himself. I know he dosent live here but he could at least help her by cleaning up his shit. He pisses me off bc their always having arguments over the same crap they argued over last week. My moms bood pressure is high and im worryed about her. It seems like shes always in a bad mood and when shes not he puts her in one. then it puts me in one. She says shes gonna end it just about every time they argue but she says the only thing that stops her is bc he wants her to break up with him to his face and not over texting. Shes not that type of person she rather end it with text. And im glad to help her out bc she helps me out but damn enough is enough just end it with text if that what makes u happy. Im not pissed at her im pissed at him. She is not the luvey duvey type he is. He gets mad bc when he walks in the door she just says hey and doesnt give him enough attention. Uh hello she has a job,family she wears the pants in the house and she has to put up with her sons temper (5 yrs) and shes going to college online, then she has to deal with him.....she needs rest and he doesnt help anything. So my question is : How do i not let her or him put me in a negative mood also? Im always perfectley fine until she comes home. (And i help her out , i clean the dishes , vacuem the floor, pick up her sons toys (sometimes) and make dinner (sometimes) and i take care of my 2 month old while doing all this ,so she basically comes home to a clean house everyday and i know she has tons of stuff on her shoulders but would it kill her to say thank u every once in a while? I know she appreciates it but i would like her to show it. But then i dont want to put more pressure on her). Just figured id feel u in on how i help.

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• wow i think since you already know she is under alot of stress i would just let it go..i would not expect her to say anything about all the things you are doing around the house..it sounds like she already has enough on her plate to deal with..i also think she should drop her bf he sounds like a loser..maybe see if there are any more ways you could help to her lighten her load more..
    Anonymous

• You need to tell her that she NEEDS to break up tohis face. Texts can go unread. If she's serious about getting him out of her life, she needs cowgirl up.

I don't know how you can do what you're asking... not let them affect your mood. Not as long as he stays in the picture and you remain in that house.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• just leave it ALONE ppl get offended when others speak on their relationship she grown if she wanna get out of it she would
    piinky89

Answer by piinky89 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• If he isn't coming over to enhance her life and make it better he should kick rocks your mom has enough to do without another needy man slowing her down.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• keep cleaning and cooking
    you would anyway if you didn't live there right?
    i would stay our of their affairs but to help your mom out consider continue being a good daughter without expecting thanks, at least for right now
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Its your mother's relationship. You are grown. If your brother is underage then yes he is apart of the package but since you are a grown woman, you are not part of the package. I know she's your mother and you think because you are her child you will always be apart of her package but once you become grown, she's done her part and should be able to begin living the life she chooses... True and all, he may not be an ideal boyfriend in your eyes but there's a reason why your mom is continuing to hold on to this man and for whatever reason it is, she's continuing holding on to him...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011