Problems connecting

this is my second pregnancy,the first one was so hard bc the dad and i werent together and he really brought me down every chance he got, i married this past year and i love my husband, he is so good to me and my daughter but i just havent felt the connection i had with my daughter. i am 23 wks along and wonder is there something wrong with me? i am happy that i am expecting, scaired bc of the economy these days and how my daughters sprem donner will treat this child when he comes over to visit, and i know i keep reflecting on what was done to me with my first and comparing my husband to that piece of trash{even when i am not trying to} i am soo confused. i feel so horrible bc my husand isnt like him at all, and this baby wont have to go through any of that mess but i just cant connect like before....i need help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The connection with a first baby is always a bit greater than the rest, only because you know what to expect since you have been through it, but the connection will culminate in the birth.

Answer by older at 12:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I think that what you are feeling is perfectly normal. I was so worried, when I was pregnant with my second, that I wouldn't love him as much as I already loved my daughter. Funny thing though, you just make more love. It doesn't matter how many babies you have, you will love them all.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i was terrified with the 2nd because of not conntecting the same i worried i wouldnt love her the same but once she was born it was as deep of a connection as i had with my son.
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 12:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• im sure it will come in time..they say every pregnancy is different..good luck, congrats and i hope you connect soon!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011