Is it ok to have sex after the baby drops?

They baby dropped about 3 days ago, and I've had sex twice since then. Both times, I have wierd pains during and afterwards. The first time, it was a pain in my hip, it felt like she was bumping my hipbone over and over (which was kinda awkward) and then some semi-sharp pains in my abdomen afterwards. Tonight we tried a different position, and I kept having a pain come across the top of my uterus, which felt kinda like cramps but in the top part, then afterwards, I felt like I had a cramp in my left hipbone, and now my whole midsection is really sore...Anyone know what's going on? You ever felt like this? Should I call my doctor or just wait for my next appt? (My next appt. is on Tuesday.)

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 11:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well. i had that problem during my 7th month. i think its normal but they say that orgasm can send you into labor so i stopped after that. my doctor told me it was ok to have sex up to the point where it pops out. it could just be from the pressure the babys putting on EVERYTHING in your body right now. when you go to have sex take it easy and when you go to your doctor next time tell them about it (they may want to check) but most likely its just that all the pressure is cause him (or it) to hit a sensitive nerve ending. (thats what happened to me)
    i hope this helped some
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Oh, I wanted to add that they're not BH or regular contractions.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I'm not sure what they could be. I had sex with both of my pregnancies right up until the day I gave birth. (I've heard that it can actually help you go into labor.) If you don't want to wait until your next appointment, you can always call your doctor and ask if it's normal.
    Laurabear

Answer by Laurabear at 11:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Unless your Dr. tells you otherwise,it's okay to have sex right up until your water breaks. After that, the risk of infection is very high. At that point, why would you want to anyway?
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It may be a bit more uncomfortable, but it's safe until your water breaks. Plus, it can help bring on labor. Fit it in while you can, because you'll probably be going soon! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It could be minor contractions, like your body prepping itself. Sex is fine throughout pregnancy, unless told otherwise by a health care provider.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2008