Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If a child comes in contact with pigeon poop....?

Can the child get sick?
I didn't notice but my son got it on his shirt while he was enjoying his ice cream. I'm afraid that he could've swallow it. :-(


Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • If you think he may have swallowed some, call the doc - but you'll most likely be told to just watch him. Other than that, take the shirt off, wash it, wash his hands/face or give him a bath.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

  • ewww,lol. I'd be wondering the same thing. I would just wash him up and maybe give the dr's office a call or a nurse line and ask them what they think you should do..maybe they can give you some signs to look for if he's getting sick from it.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

  • I wouldn't wash the shirt until you've spoken with the doc. S/he may want to run tests on the feces.

    Answer by renea20 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

  • You should probably call your doc and check to see what he or she says. In all likelihood, they will tell you to just watch your child. Other animals carry parasites, just as we do. We lived overseas when my kids were very young and we would always have a parasite check when we came home in the summer.

    Answer by ayopesta at 4:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2011