Is this a good Idea for potty training

I leave my childs diaper off and every 30 mins i make them get on the potty. do you think this will help to get them potty trained

apeyhen

Asked by apeyhen at 12:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It depends on their age and physical maturity. If they are truly ready to be potty trained, then yes, this may help some, but they really have to learn their own bodies and that takes time.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 1:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't "make" him...but gently suggest that he goes to sit on the potty to see if he has to pee pee. People potty train all different ways though. Give it a shot and see what works for you. The worse that can happen he gets aggitated with it and has accidents,lol. If it doesnt work, try something new!Good Luck and happy pooty training, mama!

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Well you can trybut in my experience before 2 is too young to try,, they will be training you! I don't know if you have a boy or girl, but most babies can't really get the hang of it until about 2&1/2. It can become frustrating for the little one to get mixed signals,, if it were me I would wait.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No. Not really. Potty training is 100% up to the child. We as parents can give positive feedback, and incentive to the child to WANT to potty train. Forcing the issue will only make things worse.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I took my son off of diapers. told him that he goes potty and poop in the toilet, he had a few oops.. the first two days and after that it was great! and he was 2 1/2 .
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes it does help... I do this with my son and have been doing so since he was 9 1/2 mths old. He knows that pee and poop go in the potty. Of course he has accidents too because he is still young (currently 15 mths) but he knows where the good place is and where is not good lol. He will clap and high 5 when he goes in the potty but point and say yuck if he misses and goes on the ground
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 6:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011