Obama donors score big in administration.....Is this an example of Obama's Change you can Believe in?

More than two years after Obama took office vowing to banish “special interests” from his administration, nearly 200 of his biggest donors have landed plum government jobs and advisory posts, won federal contracts worth millions of dollars for their business interests or attended numerous elite White House meetings and social events, an investigation by iWatch News has found.

These “bundlers” raised at least $50,000 — and sometimes more than $500,000 — in campaign donations for Obama’s campaign. Many of those in the “Class of 2008” are now being asked to bundle contributions for Obama’s reelection, an effort that could cost $1 billion.

As a candidate, Obama spoke passionately about diminishing the clout of moneyed interests. Kicking off his presidential run on Feb. 10, 2007, he blasted “the cynics, the lobbyists, the special interests,” who had “turned our government into a game only they can afford to play.”

“We’re here today to take it back,” he said.

But just like other presidential aspirants, Obama relied heavily on megadonors to propel his campaign across the finish line, and many fundraisers have shared in the spoils of victory.

~~~~~~~~

Would you have HOPED he would have kept his promise to CHANGE his administration?  Those who voted for him, is this special interest cronyism and broken promise to the avg american voter what you expected?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• NO-BAMA
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• He was filled with hot air from the beginning. He was just saying what he could to get elected.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 1:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I figured he was going to change things, but always knew it was going to be for the worst. I watched his debates and listened to his speeches and he told all. Of course some of it were lies. When debating Hillary he said that he wasn't going to fine people who didn't buy insurance. He changed things alright, he made it much harder for another black to be taking office for a very long time. He really gave them a bad name and I feel sorry for them.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Not a shocker he ran on change but gave us more of the same. I am always surprised at his supporters they hated Bush but love Obama when they are very much alike. SMH.lol
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 2:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

SO TRUE!!!!!!

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Hey...they were just using thier "free speech". Apparently he liked it, and based on what they "said" he thought they'd be great employees.

It's the same a HW's "Read my lips. No new taxes." It's not his fault, it's the system.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

True but Obama said he would be different so he is being criticized for being like everyone before him. I know many criticized the first Bush for raising taxes. If they make a promise to do something they might want to make sure it is a promise they can keep or face the criticism for it. Obama can't run on change in 2012 since he has proven to be Bushlite. Anyone who disliked Bush should really dislike Obama the fact some don't stumps me. One of the reasons I didn't vote for McCain or Obama was the fact they were so much alike there wasn't a lesser evil to vote for. I went third party they clearly didn't win but I wasn't going to vote for two bad candidates.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 2:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Does anyone remember the campaign commercial the DNC/Obama put out associating McCain with all the special interest groups on his campaign staff/etc...... This just makes Obama look like a hypocrite...
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It doesn't take much to make Obama look like the hypocrite that he really is. 16.5 months and counting
    Anonymous

• It doesn't take much to make Obama  politicians look like the hypocrites that they usually are.

Answer by Anonymous a minute ago

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2011