my daughter acts as if I don't exist and then other times I do-she is 15 going on 21 with an attitude. Help!!!

her father and I separated about a month ago but this is not a new problem it's on going because her father see's her as a little "angel"[in disguise] so therfore no help in the disipline also we were recently separated but she already had the attitude going way before that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Imo its most likely the typical teen attitude I'll admit when I was a teen I was a bitch seriously and as time went I grew and matured. I am hoping that, that's what your daughter is going through
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 4:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I have a 15 year old daughter with the same attitude. My husband and I are happily married so I think it is a teenage thing. I tried to be the cool mom and she took advantage. Mine is a daddy's girl too. Yet, I am the one she comes to when she needs something. I wish I had advice for you, There are days when I just want to scream over her attitude and lack of priorities.
    One thing that has helped lately is that I am less available. No longer do I drive her everywhere, buy her that new outfit or beg her to join in family activities. She must earn those rights by showing me and the family some respect. This has seemed to help. Breaking the rules or giving me attitude doesn't get her far anymore.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 10:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Sorry to say that is her being 15 my daughter is 16 but thinks shes 30 attitude and all shell grow out of it she give her time a space and let her know you will always be there when she needs you.Right now shes trying to figure out who she is.
    tonya110

Answer by tonya110 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Your Girl is no diffrent from anyother. daughters and mums allways get this comflict of interest,try to give her the benfit of the doubt,remind her you love her and you dont want her to make to many mistakes. I always used the line I was yur age once and guses what i got up too She is grown up now ,yet hasnot got the age and experence
    paragone

Answer by paragone at 8:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Just be consistent. Make sure your house rules are known and she knows why they are in place, be loving, and have positive things going on at your place. Make sure she has freedoms (teens thrive on it I think) but reign her in when she needs it.

I'm sure this is tough :(
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2008