If your baby's hair ended up falling out, did you notice that they were bald before the new hair grew in, or...

did the new hair start growing in while the old hair was still falling out?

My daughter surprised us all when she was born with a full head of long, dark hair. I was a bald baby, my husband was a bald baby, my son was a bald baby, and later on we all grew in blonde/dirty blonde hair. I was actually hoping that she'd keep the hair because I think dark hair is beautiful and plus she'd have a head start on hair length. :] I was excited to get to start putting it in bows and playing with it. Well, since then we've noticed she has this dark hair on her ears and a small patch on her lower back haha! The doctor said hair like that will most likely end up falling out. She's almost 5 weeks old and I'm noticing that it's getting much thinner. I keep finding strands of it on her clothes and blankets. :[

I'm just wondering if I will have to wait for the new hair to grow in, or if it's possibly already growing where the old hair is falling out?

ours

Asked by ours at 1:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest one was like that too. They brought her to me with a bow in her hair. My mother said the hair would fall out. I freaked and cried. It falls out, but not all at once. The baby hair is falling out as the other hair is growing in. No need to worry!
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My 9 and 13 yo's hair fell out and they were bald until they were 2. My 11 yo, 2 yo and 11 month old had hair that grew in while their "baby hair" was falling out.

Answer by missanc at 1:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• my dd was born with a full head of hair too..hers fell out after she was home a few months..then she was bald in a few places that are just now starting to fill in and shes 16mnths..her hair is still to short to put bows in
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My son was this way. He was born with a full head of jet black hair. By 9 months old he was nearly bald. By 18 months or so it was back as a light blonde. Now he's 7 and has a dirty blonde hair color.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Haha wow thanks for the pictures! He's adorable, especially the 18 months picture! I love the curls.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• it's happening to my 5 month old too :( shes going bald on the sides of her head.. and she was born with alot of hair too

Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011