Do you support this? Lawmakers sue President Obama over Libya

A bipartisan group of House members announced on Wednesday that it is filing a lawsuit charging that President Obama made an illegal end-run around Congress when he approved U.S military action against Libya.

“With regard to the war in Libya, we believe that the law was violated. We have asked the courts to move to protect the American people from the results of these illegal policies,” said Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), who led the 10-member anti-war coalition with Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.).

(click link to read more)

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• 2012 can not get here soon enough.yes i think he tries to get away with things with out doing it the right way. if he did it the wrong way then yes maybe he should be sued.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Why not impeach Obama?? Why sue him ... just impeach him.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 1:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• – collapse
    don't think he was in the wrong. this is just mindless wasting of our taxpayer money and it pisses me off. use it to pay off some debt instead, bozos.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• don't think he was in the wrong. this is just mindless wasting of our taxpayer money and it pisses me off. use it to pay off some debt instead, bozos.

Ummmm, wait..... Did you read the report that stated Libya was going to COST taxpayers exponentially MORE than the Obama admin orig stated?  I would have thought the anti-war/anti-military left would be up in arms over this....  Hrmmmm, I wonder...

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• In my opinion, we had to go in. And, I have never been anti-miliary or anti-war in cases where I feel it is needed. Almost went to military academy to start a military career, actually.

Still a needless wasted of time, effort, and money.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• ImaginationMama, I wonder if you'd think he was wrong if it was confirmed (it's been alleged) that the rebel fighters that our military were supporting in Libya, were comprised of Al-Qaeda. So not only are fighting them (allegedly) in Afghanistan and Iraq, we are now fighting along side of them in Libya ... allegedly.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 1:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• In my opinion, we had to go in

Obama sold this need to "go in" as a humanitarian threat... Are Darfur, Yemen, Iran or Syria not in a humanitarian crisis, too? And shouldn't Obama have entered congress into the debate/congressional deliberation of the topic?  What IS Obama's foreign Policy?  It doesn't seem clearly defined.  And after Bush, I would have expected people to want MORE accountability.  Not free passes....

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• "The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." ~ Barrack H. Obama 2008

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• In that case, I would blame the whole government, because that would have been an agreed upon strategy. I don't believe it, though . . .we have a lot of military contacts over here . . and that allegation is a crock.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• The Libya/Congress deal has already been discussed in depth here on cm . . . even exact language was used. Obama was justified in making that decision and did not break any "rules".

There are three reason this situation is still being discussed:

1) As in the case of the aforementioned bozos, it is a good publicity stunt.
    2) For next election; sway of the middle voter toward repub.
    3) People are just plain anti-black, and can't stand it that a black man is President.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2011