My son is graduating from high school

on Friday. He is graduating from a private school that he has gone to since kindergarten. My parents paid 75% of the tuition all 13 years, me and my DH paid for 25%, my ex paid 0. Now we got the tickets last month, each kid gets 6 tickets, my parents are both invited seeing as how they paid so much for this, me and my DH are coming since we paid 25% plus were the ones who helped with homework and school functions and one for his younger sister. Now we gave his dad 1 ticket, he has never helped him with school but he is his father. But his dad called and asked where the other ticket was for his wife. I said I am sorry but there were only 6 each. They went on sale but by the time I called (and I called the day they went on sale) they were sold out. My ex demanded that SOMEONE stay home so his wife can go. I asked my son if he would rather his SM or SF go, he laughed thinking I was joking as he is so close to his SF and hates his SM. Anyway, SM called me bitching me out saying that she IS coming and there "better be a ticket for her". Really, sorry, not going to kick someone out for her. I really want to see what happens because there will be security there and they will escort her off the property if she doesn't have a ticket and won't leave.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• good for u .. and if ur son made that choice thats even more in your favor.... dont let this woman ruin ur sons graduation
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I think you did the right thing. I hate that she might ruin his graduation, and I hope he doesn't let her!

Answer by missanc at 1:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• What people don't seem to understand is that many of these ceremonies are limited to a certain number of tickets/seats. My son graduated HS last week and we had 3 tickets that were used for DH, DD, and myself ... that's it. Upset some family members, particularly MIL (she's a step-MIL too), but there was nothing anyone could do to change the situation.

I hope whatever happens, that it doesn't detract from your son's big day. Congrats!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Good for you! She will be the one surpirsed when there is not ticket. Enjoy your son's graduation and your family.
    Mrsveebee

Answer by Mrsveebee at 6:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Aye yi yi! Just goes to show ya why being nice to an a-hole ex never gets you anywhere!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The ex is lucky he gets a ticket. I would have let him find out about the ticket sales himself if he were interested,
    We were lucky not to have to deal with tickets. No limit on how many could come. My ex was there with others from his family (I luckily didn't have to see him). I had my sister, her 2 girls, 3 of my son's friends.
    Theboss779

Answer by Theboss779 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Too bad so sad for the SM! Maybe if they were more involved in your son's life, then they would have known to buy their own tickets, lol!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 12:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I forgot to delete this but if anyone reads it, SM did show up and there WASN'T a ticket for her and she wasn't allowed in. Since the graduation was an hour and a half from my ex's home, she had to go sit in the car and wait for the almost 3 hour graduation to be over.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2011