Grandparents

How often do your parents come over your house? How often do you go to theirs? Do you wish it were different? Do you think it will be the same or different with your children when they are grown?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• never
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• once a week, and they try and watch my son once a month. i am a single mom so it really helps.
    austinpierce

Answer by austinpierce at 1:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• We see my Mom more often than we see his, but my child has never spent the night at either house.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• We go to my parents house at least 2 times a year as a whole family, and I have been taking one of my boys at least one more time each. They do live across the country, so that limits our ability to go. And my father had terminal cancer, so they couldn't travel here. Now that he has passed, I am hoping my mom comes to visit more. The boys lover her so much.

Now my in-laws, never visit. They just decided not to come since we won't allow their dog to stay with us. (It is a rental, and our agreement only allows for 1 cat. Not to mention we have cat, and a small house.) They are also a distance away. I wish they would visit regardless of my feeling towards them, my boys deserve to have a relationship with them.
    troeltc

Answer by troeltc at 1:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Almost daily, sometimes every 2-3 days. My parents live a mile down the road and I wouldn't have it any other way, that was one of the items in the "plus" column for buying this house. I imagine it will be a little different with my kids since I don't imagine they will live so close, but I hope they at least stay in the same general area and I'm able to see them at least every month.

Answer by missanc at 1:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• my grandma lives with me, actually ive always lived with her i just never left. i love her and my baby sonny loves her. i can not imagine being without her
    sleepinglotus

Answer by sleepinglotus at 1:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I am the grandparent. Our children come over to our house whenever they want to, and we do the same. However, we do usually call each other and make sure it's not a bad time, although there certainly are times when we stop by to drop off something or to pick up something without calling first. We are all smart enough to know if we've arrived at a bad time, so we can excuse ourselves and come back later. We are all one big happy family, and that's how we operate. I love that our children still know that our house where they were all raised is still "home." We also love that our grandchildren are perfectly comfortable at our house and have the freedom to enjoy it. We do not take the same liberties at their homes, but we often go to their homes to watch the grandchildren, especially if they are expecting to be out late. It saves having to wake up sleeping children just to take them home to put in their own beds.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My dad...never he hasnt spokem to me in almost a year and I have no idea why. :(
    My mom...I see her about once a month.We talk often tho..either on the phone or through texting. She is a pretty busy person...works full time and takes care of her horses..she's currently building a ranch or whatever you call it at her house so she can bring her horses home...so havent spoke to her too often recently.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My parents moved 5 minutes away, after living 1200 miles apart for 20 yrs, and they never want to come over or invite us over. I just think it's weird and it has been a huge disappointment to me and my kids. I realized that my grandparents, who also lived pretty close, never came over my house as a kid, we went to my moms parents about once a week or at least every other but it was more so they could babysit while my mom worked.
    I hope my girls and I are always close and enjoy spending time together.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• They live about 15 minutes away, and we see them a couple of times a month. We're going over there tomorrow.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2011