I must be old fashioned but what happened to people in general buying a car because it served a purpose or they knew something about it?

If I am wrong let me know?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You purchase a car for transportation purposes. There are some people who purchase specific types of cars b/c they are a status symbol in society.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• You are not old fashioned just practical. We purchased our car because it was the best new car we could afford, fits our family, and gets good gas milage.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 1:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i bought my vehicles based on needs...my parents on the other hand used to buy because of need now they buy because of pleasure and that statement of course! My mom owns a vette and my dad is about to buy a new one lol..it just depends on the person i suppose each to their own
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I am talking about buying a car and knowing nothing about it nothing at all not even how to change the oil or what kind of gas mileage it gets buying a car but not knowing anything at all????

They are helping the economy by paying someone to do that for them. I know how to change my oil, change a tire and do many things with my car but I still would rather call roadside assistance and use a mechanic. I also purchased a car that is comfortable and I really like since I will be driving it for several years to come. Doesn't matter what others do their money and their life they get to choose.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 2:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Still, it's their choice. I know several retired couples who bought cute little sports cars because they've always wanted one. They don't know much about them except that they're shiny and fun. They can afford it so I say enjoy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I can't change oil or a tire. I have roadside assistance so I can call them if I need them. Gas consuption is important to me but Safety & reliability is the most important.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I guess like I said I am old fashioned.
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• That's why we bought our cars (yay for minivans!) but I really don't care why anyone buys a car. They're putting money back into the economy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2011