Why my period hasn't come after not bein on depo for 6months??

i never got the second depo shot in december but i have continued to have unprotected sex, i bled for 2 months straight then i didn't bleed for 3 months straight last month in may i bled for 5 days but it was very light i used a panty liner, i figured my period wuz getting back to normal so this month my period wld have came on the 6th i cramped all last week but nothing happened i took a pregnancy test it was negative. I just dnt understand what's goin on if anyone can give me advice i appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I've read from other ladies that it's taken up to a year or so for their cycles to get back to normal. For me after my last wore off I had 3 periods in 6 weeks that were heavy and then the next month it was back to normal and has been since....our bodies all react differently.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• omg a year is waaay too long i knew i shldnt have got tht shot, but thanx so much
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i would just consult with your dr and tell them your cycles are all outta whack i seriously doubt it should be that weird..i know when i came off the pill mine was nuts for awhile i went to the dr and she gave me meds that helped induce a period month for like 3mnths and it totally got me on track
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It can take quite a while for a normal cycle to return after discontinuing depo provera - as much as 1-2 years.
    CPCrane

Answer by CPCrane at 2:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• All normal with the depo shot.. It can take up to 18 months for some women to get pregnant after stopping it..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I had the Mirena IUD in for 4years and have had it out for 3weeks now and no sign of my period yet. *sigh*
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• ive been off of depo provera for almost 2 years and still have irregular cycles, sometimes mine are a few weeks to a month apart but most have been 2 months apart... unfortunately i have found that there is no advice to be given to us ex depo users, everyones bodies react different, some bounce right back and get a regular monthly cycle and get pregnant soon.....
    but for most woman it takes a long time, of the woman i have read stories about, its taken about 9-12 months til the cycle returned to normal and sometimes 2+years to get pregnant.. but we cannot lose hope, we are supposed to try to stop worrying about it and to 'not try too hard at TTC'... there are lots of woman in this with ya so dont feel lonely :)
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 10:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2011