I know I should be able to make this decision on my own, but I need some opinions ladies!

My DS is 9 mos. Old and I have had a nanny watch him at my house 2 days a week while I'm at work since he was 9 weeks old! Ok, so, my hubby and I have decided to put him in daycare so he starts to learn to interact with other children and starts to have a more well rounded curriculum. Anyway, I checked out 4 different daycares in our area and LOVED 2 of them, now, here's where the trouble comes in. One of the daycares is about $160 cheaper a month (which does matter to us) it's a touch more convenient distance wise, BUT they don't serve meals like the other one (breakfast, lunch, and snacks, which I won't really utilize at the current) and all though they seemed very organized they did not seem as structured as the other one! I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is it stupid of me to go with the one that's a little (not much) out of the way and a little more expensive just because I got more of the warm and fuzzier from them? Money is not plentiful these days for us? P.s. Hubby has not really been a big help with the choosing'

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 1:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Go with your gut, if you can afford it. I spend what seems like a lot of money on daycare, and I know I could find it for cheaper, but I love the lady who watches my dd for me, and to me that is something that is priceless (within reason). It's not worth not being able to pay your bills, but it is worth cutting a few extras out of the budget to feel your child is in the best possible place. And especially at this young age, peace of mind is really important, because your son is still so small and really needs a lot of attention, nurturing, security and love.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would go with the place I felt most comfortable leaving my child.

Answer by missanc at 1:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would also go with the place I felt most comfortable with and sacrifice in other ways to save the money.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 1:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Do you know any of the parents whose kids go to the less expensive daycare? Have you talked to any of them, or checked the day care out, other than visiting it? I'm just asking because when my daughter decided to put my granddaughters in daycare, she chose one just down the road from her work, mainly because all the women who work there go into her work everyday, she knew and trusted them all, and was very comfortable leaving the girls there. Hope you are able to make your decision soon. Best wishes.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• def go with the one you feel most comfortable, you get what you pay for! the more expensive is probably better!
    megan825

Answer by megan825 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Don't get me wrong my son is worth the extra money and more, he deserves the very best, I didn't know if I was being stupid for spending the extra.
    PANZONSMOM

Comment by PANZONSMOM (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• you will get what you pay for when it comes to daycare... its worth it if at the end of the day you dont worry about your childs well being..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Not stupid at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• the one you're comfortable with
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2011