Wishing for ugly baby?

I know that sounds harsh haha, and i dont 100% mean it... but seriously...

I am so tired of all my outings consisting of people stopping to stare, talk, touch and play with LO. She's a beautiful little girl, I get it...but I do not need to hear it a million times a day.

I'm not trying to be bias, or rude by any means, i hope no one sees it that way, and i am not exaggerating or bragging about LO..im venting and ranting, really.

example, I went to Costco today to buy a sweater they have...I knew what I was going in for and I should have been in there 10-20 minutes max...45 minutes later I walk out...

Then we went for lunch, it took her over an hour to eat because people kept stopping by the table...seriously, can you not tell im trying to feed her...GO AWAY! lol

anyone else have this problem. im glad shes cute, im glad she's a happy girl and that everyone loves her...but i dont know how much more i can hear "aww, look at her" "shes just the cutest thing"...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG, i get this all the time, I have a Chihuahua and i take her everywhere, im so sick of her getting attention, all i hear is ''she is so cute'' ''she is a darling'' ''she looks just like you'' i mean really enough already.
    snifferduck

Answer by snifferduck at 2:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• LOL!
    Wellllllllllllll...even if she was an "ugly" baby..people would still stop and coo at her...people love babies!! I don't think i've ever seen an ugly baby! lol
    It drives me crazy when strangers want to hold one of my kids...this old man even went as far as holding his arms out to my daughter and her daddy was holding her at the time..my dh looked at that old man like, "are you crazy???" lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I suppose you would rather hear "Awww, that poor thing. Too bad she's stuck with that helmet/wheelchair/misshapen limb." Instead of becoming fed up with people, you should stop for one minute and think of those parents whose babies are stared at for all the wrong reasons. I'm sorry, but I just can't be all that sympathetic to your "problem".
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• lmao @sniffer... I'm sorry people tell you your dog looks like you.... that sucks...
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• thats why I just always look mean.. I think people are scared to approach me lol try and look like a bitch it works for me lol
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I know what you mean! My 3 year old is a sassy toddler who acts 'grow' and every one has to stop and talk to her because she will talk back like a child not a 3 year old. Drives me nuts.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• my little girl is always being talked about as we go places and honestly it freaks me out i dont want some sick bastage hearing how cute my kids is.
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 2:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I guess there are worse problems but I understanding needing to vent - I think people just like babies.. I had a very hard infant so I like to play or talk with people who have those happy cute little smiling laughing infants because I completely missed out on that stage and won't be having another baby..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Lol I feel your "pain", too! I can't go ANYWHERE without a few people telling me how cute my son is! We were at a restaurant eating one day and a waitress (not our's) had to stop by our table to tell us how adorable he was. We were at a wedding last weekend and I swear half the guests were talking about him and random people were wanting to hold him. It was funny. It makes me a proud mama!!! Well, I'd be proud even if he was "ugly". Haha
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2011