Question about period, bfing, and bc pill

If you are breastfeeding and haven't had a period yet, and you start a bc pill, will you get your period due to the pill, or will you continue as you have without a period? I know you will get your period eventually while breastfeeding, but it is often longer to get it. So if you go on a bc pill, will you get it sooner than you would have before getting on the pill?

sunshinepraying

Asked by sunshinepraying at 2:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The pill will not make it come sooner.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I took birth control while nursing and did not have my period until 6 months after the birth of my son. They say you normally get your period back 6-7 months after giving birth. I don't think the bc will make you start sooner...
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It might make it come a little sooner, but it still won't show up right away. There's a chance you'll have spotting before it actually shows up though.
    Just make sure if you go on birth control it's the right one - you can't be on a normal pill while you're breastfeeding.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2011