Sexy is a state of mind..... right?

I know this is kinda stupid and pointless, but ever since I had my baby I feel soooo un-sexy. I have horrible stretch marks everywhere and my boobs are starting to sag. I feel really sad about it. I am still pretty young and I dont know how to go the rest of my life like this. I feel ugly and I dont want my husband to see me undressed anymore even though he says he doesn't care. Does this feeling go away??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Unfortunately, it is something that is totally overlooked in society today. I was 92 lbs when I got pregnant the first time. The second I was 112 lbs. It took several years to get back in the shape I was before, but as far as stretch marks, they usually don't go away, they may lighten, but not totally. Another thing to remember is that your body has changed significantly, whereas, you may not have had hips before, you will now. You have to get used to your new body and be proud. As you are a mom now and have a beautiful baby to prove it. There are other things as well to make you feel sexy, you have to know how to search for them. If you want some ideas, look at www.squidoo.com/sexybutelegant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I am about twenty pounds heavier now than I was a year ago. I hate it. For the most part, I do feel unsexy, but there are times when I do feel sexy. If I wear clothes that fit me right and I do my hair and makeup, I feel so much better. I try to wear clothes that flatter my figure so that I don't have to feel so bad. Also, push up bras have become my best friend. :)
    Laurabear

Answer by Laurabear at 12:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I feel sexier with clothes on so I keep them on even during sex. Try a cute little ultra mini skirt and a button down top for easy access. I also wear a push up bra. I simply do not disrobe and I make my SO think I'm so excited just in being with him that he gets excited quickly and doesn't even notice.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My current man, not the father of my child, is amazing about this. I was a bit shy about being naked with him at first because he's never been with anybody that had a child. But he assured me that it'd be fine. He now says he loves every part of my body. After the first time we were together he ended up telling me that he admires my stretch marks because they are a part of my son.. they are there because of him, and that it's just a part of who i am and the woman i've become. Now when i'm naked or even if my shirt comes above my belly he traces them with his fingers and i can see that true admiration in his eyes.
    Anonymous