Creative Minds needed!

I am in LOVE with the PB Kids Oversized Magnifying Glass. The problem is, I am not in love with the prices I am seeing for it :/

So my question is, does anyone have any ideas on how I may be able to create something like it? I don't want to do a decal because of another decorative thing I am doing. I was thinking a quilting loop but I have NO idea what to do for the handle or a way to mimic the glass.

Thanks in advance! :)

BostonBree

Asked by BostonBree at 2:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• THAT is awesome!! Do you know anyone with a scroll saw and some talent?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• the quilting loop may work..maybe a piece of plexi glass for the glass part..and the handle im totally lost on lol..good luck tho maybe someone will be better than my idea
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• You can use a spindled porch post or porch rail post depending on how big you want it. You can find them at Lowes for anywhere from 5-60 buck. I would suggest fine sanding it and restaining it because they are made for the outdoors and not little hands. GL!
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 2:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• a quilting hoop or maybe a hoola hoop for the frame

plexi glass or just leave it empty

Could you split a good size table leg in half for the handle?
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 2:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Awesome ideas ladies! I was thinking a table leg but wasnt sure how to really do it but I never thought of a porch post/rail. I also didn't think of plexi glass. lol. Thanks so much :)
    BostonBree

Comment by BostonBree (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• A quilting hoop, a portion of a wooden broom handle. Leave the hoop unfilled. Oh and btw, I say if they were going to do it right the letters in the "glass" should be bigger than those that aren't ....am I right?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Spray the hoop metalic silver*
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Def would spray the hoop silver! & a broom handle would be an idea to go with too! Thanks!

Oh, and it's so funny you say that because I said the same thing to my husband and he thought it was so weird that I thought of that! lol. I agree 100%! I was actually going to do the "G" and the "S" smaller :)
    BostonBree

Comment by BostonBree (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes i thought hoola hoop and spray it silver then go to home depot or lowes and go the wood isle and you may find something there for the handle maybe the post they use for railing for stairs. The stain the wood
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 9:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• That is too adorable! I hope you figure out how to do it cheap!! good luck! here is a bump!!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2011