I need prayer for my unborn nephew. Can ya'll help??

My brother and his fiance are expecting their first child in October.   When she went for her 20 week ultrasound they noticed some things wrong.  He has a club foot which is fixable and the least of our worries.  He also has a hole in his diaphragm which puts his stomach where his lungs are suppose to go and his heart way off to the side under his arm.  And they think he may have a hole in his heart.  They aren't sure because they can't see it very well because of where it's located.  He has all 4 chambers that they can guarantee.  Also, because of all the displacement they sent her to a specialist and the specialist wanted to do an Amniocenteses test to see why he's not developing right.  Well the results came back that he is missing a good part of his 4Th chromosome.  Which the name for it is Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome, but his is much worse.  The specialist is giving him a 90% chance the he will die soon after birth.  If he lives he will be mentally retarded, won't walk, won't talk, he will have to be fed by a tube he pretty much won't even know hes in the world.  They gave her a week to decide whether or not to terminate.  She decided to put it in Gods hands and let him terminate the pregnancy if that was his will.  She is about 25 weeks now and he is kicking more than ever.  I guess what I need is as much prayer for this precious angel as possible.  We want Gods will to be done, however we want a healthy baby.  We want the specialists to be wrong.  We want a huge miracle.  Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• We had a similar situation with our first son. we found out at 29 weeks when I was in the early stages of labor that our baby had birth defects. Eric's organs were all on the outside and most of them were deformed in some way. Eric James died right before birth about 12 hours after we found out he was sick. He was 1 lb 7 oz and was 11 inches long. We got to love him and read to him and sing to him. I know its hard but we'll get to see him again one day and all the pain will pass away.
    I pray that your sister in law and brother can love on their baby boy as much as possible. If you want to talk more or whatever, message me.
    You can look up a song called I Will Carry You on youtube. There's also a book by the same name by Angie Smith. Her baby girl Audrey Caroline lived a couple hours after birth. Very good.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 6:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• ♥PrAyErS♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Sending good thoughts. You never know what can happen.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Prayers for your baby nephew to thrive in health! And prayers for you and your family, that you feel supported, loved, and comforted during this uncertain time.

hugs mama.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• bible study

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have been in those shoes too..I feel her and her dh's pain and the families..my heart goes out to all of you..im boohooing just thinking about all I just read..I hope and pray that things work out for the best in this hard time for all of you..what is meant to be will be and please remember everything happens for a reason and god will never give anyone more than they can handle...(hugs) and many prayers to your family and the baby.
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• prayers for your family
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'll say a Hail Mary for y'all.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• praying

ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Praying! I had a friend who was told her whole pregnancy that her baby had a hole in his heart. She had ultrasound after ultrasound, had to drive to the specialist an hour away every other week. It ended up that the blood vessel that went into his heart split into two right where it attached to the heart. Basically, no big deal. He is perfectly healthy. What they saw every other week on the ultrasound wasn't what they were seeing after all. :)
    Anonymous