If the doctors could tell that your baby had something wrong with it & said it would die soon....

Would you rather it die right after birth or when it was a toddler?
Of course no one would want either, but Im just wondering because of the strong bonds that are developed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i would want to lose the baby at birth even though i would want the baby to live as long as possible i think it would be better then have to watch the baby suffer and what kind of life that would be. i would just hold the baby as much and as long as possible.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I don't think either would be any better or worse. It would be a tragedy to loose a child at any age...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would not choose either one and would have to accept that it was gods will either way...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• a baby...that way you will morn them yes,but you really don't know them so you won;t have certain things you wil miss about your child on top of just missing them in general.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Toddler. I'd take every moment I could get.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Part of me says, "right after birth" that way I wouldn't have to live knowing that the end was coming.
    The other part says, "toddler" because I would cherish every single second with them.

It would be unimaginable pain either way. I have had 2 miscarriages and I unfortunately can remember the pain of those, there is no "right" or easy answer here.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Birth :(
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• either way it is a horrible experience I have had a miscarriage and a still birth and neither is fun but I think it would be even worse if you had the child and then they pass on as a toddler.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• this is sick
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I dont know cuz in my eyes it god who makes the call
    apeyhen

Answer by apeyhen at 2:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2011