Incorrect carseating... Does this bother anyone else?!

I really hate it when I see pictures or videos of children in their carseats and the armpit strap is pushed all the way down or they are not strapped in correctly. I mean seriously!? How much extra effort does it take to make sure your child is safe in a car...or at least as safe as possible. Does this bother anyone else?!

Kword

Asked by Kword at 2:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• drives me nuts!!! and then i get looked at like im stupid for ERF my dd! i noticed my neighbor moved her 13month old FF the other day i was so sad! she is so lil!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It does.. but what's worse......driving down the road and seeing a toddler hanging out the window!! BUCKLE THEM UP!!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yes my dh is constantly not correctly strapping my dd carseat in the car so i always go behind him and take all the extra precautions..it also peev's me when im in town and see moms or dads riding around with their toddlers not in a carseat at all!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• MY 3 old puts his arms aout the straps and my DD used to climb out of her car seat all the time...so sometimes it's not for lack of properlt securing them.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• LOL..it really doesnt bother me when I see it in pictures..chances are someone fixed it before they hit the road :)
    But it seems my dh always forgets to pul that chest bar up when he buckles in the kids, it gets irritating..I just got into the habit of checking them before we take off.I tried explaining to him how they can still fly right out of the carseat if we get into an accident.He agrees..but he still forgets,lol. Oh well..thats why my kids got thier mama! LOL :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• OMG yes it bugs me. My friend doesn't strap her DD in properly and i always try to readjust the straps when i go in the car with them but the next time i see them they are all loose and twisted up again :(
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have pulled over...I have spanked him..i have made the straps tighter...it doesn't work he still does it.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• ok so i know this is wrong but also funny. So I have a nephew (he is a bright as red head, just to give you an idea of what he looks like, plus the red makes it funner). We went back home (me and my sister and her kids) and we were driving to go see our dad and my sister put here kid in the back seat (mine stayed with my mom) and we drove all the way there and we turn around and the carseat is completely sideways and my nephew is just sitting there completely sideways not saying a words. Funniest thing I ever seen. I laughed so hard, I was in tears. turns out my sister did her part but my brother in law didn't hook the actual car seat up to the car, when we go to NC he just threw the carseat in the car.

So yeah its not right but very funny.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Omgosh! Yes, seriously!
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• If my 3 year old even thinks about taking the straps off her shoulders or unbuckling the chest strap, we pull over right away and have a little talk. It works for her. She tried it twice a few weeks ago, but hasn't done it since.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011