If someone says/does something towards/infront of your child how do you confront without losing temper?

my son poured a cup of water (at the pool) on my friend who was lying in the water they took the cup and threw it out of the pool and told me to tell my son not to do that... I WAS SO MAD AT THIS FRIEND havent really spoke sense.

austinpierce

Asked by austinpierce at 2:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• When it comes to my kids & somebody fucks with them..... I lose my temper!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i would tell my friend to chill the check out and not to snach things out of my child hand and if they didn't want to get wet to get out of the pool... i'm very forward with my friends and kids will be kids.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 2:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i think it was better for them to tell you to tell him that way you wouldnt be mad at them for correcting him themselves..its tip for tat in those situations..i have seen the time when my bbf's son is a total brat and i have hinted around to her about him bugging me and she never would so the one time i got totally fed up i yelled at him and she was pissed for a few days but she got over it and put him meds for his issues
    Anonymous

• sounds like she didn't want water poured on her. she shouldn't have grabbed the cup, but it was okay to tell you to stop the personal invasion.
    Anonymous

• If this happened to me, If I seen what happened at first i would be thinking about getting after my son and then once the adult got all out of control i would go over and give my kid a ridiculous high five and say good job he deserved it. and probably shared some words with the adult and left.
    Although my kid was in the wrong, he is my child and the adult should learn to handle his own temper. But also my kid is 3.
    If my kid was 10 then im not sure, I would probably do the same thing and then get mad at my son at home.

I think an adult should come over to you and tell you what happened. not go crazy.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• first of all superrmommyy got me LOL here. what was wrong with your friend? maybe they were having a bad day or don't like being around kids... you are not missing out on a friend... sounds like they really weren't a real friend after all.

by the way... why was the person your friend in the first place.... sometimes we have to ask ourselves... why does this person want to be my friend in the first place... and why is this person in my life... I asked myself and a friend that question.

some people are in your life for only a season... some for life...

sprinkles!!!!
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 4:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My child isn't even born yet, and if someone says something negative to me about my family, husband, or my child, I get pissed. My friend, after me telling her I was pregnant, got mad because apparently SHE was supposed to be the one starting a family first...she told me that me and my stupid family can shove. I let lose and told her exactly how I felt about her stupid ass life, cheating boyfriend, her life was going no where because all she did was smoke pot...I didn't hold back.

My mother, who is a psycho, and a hypocondriac, told me that my child was going to be born with health problems because hes half mexican half white...I went off on my own mother. Now, if my child was present and aware, it might be different. I might take the other person aside and bitch em out, not where my child could see. But I wouldn't hold back even then.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I really dont see anything wrogn with your friend takign the cup from him,life is to short to be mad at petty things and to me that is petty things,it didnt hurt the child are anything ,it just was correcting him,which would be fine to me.
    jbaby7162000

Answer by jbaby7162000 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2011