At what age did your little boy start peeing standing up????

my son is 2 1/2 and just decided to start peeing standing up and it throw me off cause well of course i don't pee standing up so helping him out with it really confuses the heck out of me... how did you train your boy to do it?

mommys2cupcakes

Asked by mommys2cupcakes at 2:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• he started peeing sitting down and watched daddy pee and wanted to be a big boy like daddy so he did it on his own - I teach him to aim by telling him to hit the hole..lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I never thought mine to pee sitting down... I put cheerios in the toilet to help him aim :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have 3 year old twin boys. They started at 2 years old. I didn't teach them, they just saw their dad one day and decided to start doing it. They are now fully potty trained and I am one happy momma. If you need help, ask your DH, DF, DB or a male in your family, He will get the hang of it. Just teach him to stand as close to the bowl as he can, and shake his penis twice when he is finished so he wont drip. And of course to wash his hands after!!
    ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My oldest son was potty trained to stand up and pee,he was 2
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My son is 4-1/2 and fully potty trained, but still sits down to pee. He went through a phase during training when he would stand up, but doesn't anymore. I figure he'll stand when we wants to.
    Telephus44

Answer by Telephus44 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• throw some cherrios or fruit loops in the bowl so he has somthing to aim at. Make a game of it. Dont forget to have him put the seat back down when he is done!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 3:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Mine were 3ish.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• ahhh cherrios that is a good idea.... but then i would have to fear him throwing things in the toilet lol
    mommys2cupcakes

Comment by mommys2cupcakes (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• 2
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011